Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Noisy front tyre  (Read 1288 times)

Offline peter stuyvesant

• Bike: AJS (all models)
Noisy front tyre
« on: June 03, 2015, 07:51:00 pm »
My 2014 Lc has Anakee 3's back & front but i seem to get a lot of noise off the front of the bike. Don't know if it's the tyre or just the way the Lc's are. I seem to remember the same thing with the GSA i tested before i bought the std Gs but that was last year and i can't be sure. I friend rode my bike the other day and his first comment was how noisy it was.
Anybody have the same issue?

Offline Charlie600

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: Noisy front tyre
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 08:09:00 pm »
Jip, aan die begin klink dit effe lawaaierig maar na 'n paar dae is daar niks mooier as die gedreun van die Anakees nie! :)

Offline TheBear

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 08:43:02 pm »
My 2014 Lc has Anakee 3's back & front but i seem to get a lot of noise off the front of the bike. Don't know if it's the tyre or just the way the Lc's are. I seem to remember the same thing with the GSA i tested before i bought the std Gs but that was last year and i can't be sure. I friend rode my bike the other day and his first comment was how noisy it was.
Anybody have the same issue?

Yeah.   Anakee3 is super noisy.   My wife's came with Continental.   Riding her bike is a pleasure compared to mine.   I will get rid of the Anakee3 as soon as I can.   Hugely frustrating.

Had one on my previous 09 bike and almost cried when I saw my LC delivered with Anakee3's.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:46:34 pm by AMZ »
.#BRADICAL!

Offline BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 04:35:45 am »
The noise generated by the Karoo 3 's is almost unbearable. You have to wear ear plugs otherwise the high pitched whine will drive you insane. Not sure why the thres on these bikes are so noisy?

Offline TheBear

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 06:50:32 am »
The noise generated by the Karoo 3 's is almost unbearable. You have to wear ear plugs otherwise the high pitched whine will drive you insane. Not sure why the thres on these bikes are so noisy?

I can say from experience the Anakee3 blew my ears off on both my previous GS and the LC.   Then there was the Tourance Next.   At 80 they whined so loudly,  I could hear the rear on my wife's bike,  riding 4 bike lengths behind her (also her previous bike)

.#BRADICAL!

Offline Genesis115

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
    • Kom Ry Saam
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 07:39:07 am »
So which runs quieter as im also in the market?

Offline OomD

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 07:41:46 am »
I don't know what you guys are complaining about, I don't hear any noise from my Karoo3's. Neither did I on my previous GS?

And I don't think my hearing loss has anything to do with that  :imaposer:

Offline BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 08:37:03 am »
According to me the TKC 80's makes the least noise on a tarred road

Offline TheBear

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 08:50:50 am »

My wife's LC came with Continentals.  Way, WAY better.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline OomD

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 09:19:57 am »

My wife's LC came with Continentals.  Way, WAY better.
Wonder why they switched from Contis to Anakee3's... :sip:

Offline peter stuyvesant

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 09:35:34 am »
I'm surprised that so few people complain about the noise on the Lc in particular. I've never had this problem on any of my previous 4 gs's.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 09:40:48 am »

My wife's LC came with Continentals.  Way, WAY better.

They didn't.  The bikies still come with Anakee3's, Contis or Tourance Next.  If I had picked a white bike, on the day, I would have had Contis.

I'm surprised that so few people complain about the noise on the Lc in particular. I've never had this problem on any of my previous 4 gs's.

Did you ever have Anakee3's on your previous 4 bikes?  Or did you have Anakees, or Anakee2's?  Anakee3's only came out toward he end of 2013 and they howled to high heaven on my older GS.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:43:00 am by AMZ »
.#BRADICAL!

Offline peter stuyvesant

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 09:48:50 am »

They didn't.  The bikies still come with Anakee3's, Contis or Tourance Next.  If I had picked a white bike, on the day, I would have had Contis.

Did you ever have Anakee3's on your previous 4 bikes?  Or did you have Anakees, or Anakee2's?  Anakee3's only came out toward he end of 2013 and they howled to high heaven on my older GS.

No, never had 3's before. I'll try the conti next time :thumright:

Offline TheBear

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 10:23:34 am »

No, never had 3's before. I'll try the conti next time :thumright:

I never felt that the Anakee2, or Tourance was noisy, but the Anakee3 an Tourance Next exceeds what my ears can live with.  Also going for Contis next time round. 

If my wife was less obeservat, Iwould have swopped her wheels with mine!   :imaposer:
.#BRADICAL!

Offline plaky

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 02:18:54 pm »
I had Metzler on my 1st LC and now have Anakee 3 on my second LC and both where very noisy. I have just over 10 000km on the front, replaced the back one for a spare and I have put a Metzler on. Price was R1900 vs R2800 for the Anakee, noise or no noise too much of a difference. I find both the makes of tyres noisy compared to my air cooled one's tyres. Maybe it is the width that causes this.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 02:30:52 pm »
I had Metzler on my 1st LC and now have Anakee 3 on my second LC and both where very noisy. I have just over 10 000km on the front, replaced the back one for a spare and I have put a Metzler on. Price was R1900 vs R2800 for the Anakee, noise or no noise too much of a difference. I find both the makes of tyres noisy compared to my air cooled one's tyres. Maybe it is the width that causes this.

Jissie dude!  A Metzeler Next on the back of my wife's air-cooled made so much noise, it irritated me, riding 4 bike lengths behind her!   :lol8:
.#BRADICAL!

Offline peter stuyvesant

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 05:44:20 pm »
So i went on an overnight ride and decided i either change tyres or bike, that's how fucking irritating it was. I decided to bite the bullet and buy the only Conti Attack 2 i can find in Cape Town (from KTM) 
All is good! Problem solved. Only replaced the front tyre but the noise levels are quite acceptable now. Seems that nobody has stock of Conti's though. I do think that my Anakee might just have been a really bad one as the guys at the dealers say that they've had very few complaints about tyre noise.
Thanks AMZ for the heads-up on the Conti's :occasion14:

Offline T Rex

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 08:44:52 pm »

I also have this problem.

Offline TheBear

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 01:10:16 pm »
Thanks AMZ for the heads-up on the Conti's :occasion14:

Trust me dude, if my bloody wife wasn't such a keen biker, I would have swopped our front wheels a long time ago.  Problem is, she is biker enough to notice.  Bummer!  :ricky:

Tell the guys who say they don't get complaints to type: "Anakee 3 noisy" into Google.
.#BRADICAL!

Offline HenricoTerrance

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 01:20:25 pm »
Fitted my GS with anakee3 front and back about (300km ago) ...Very very noisy!   >:(