Two up on a Tiger to Clarens.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sierck-Les-Bains, France, (Formerly Benoni, SA)
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
I've had thoughts of slipping down to Clarens for a while now, and I was on Skype with Frau Guitar when she said to me I must book a room in Clarens and take her for a bike ride and a dirty weekend. She didn't have to say so twice, I tell you... :3some:

So, on the 21st May, a Saturday, we got up at 6am to hit the road by 7.
The route would be Benoni - Heidelberg - Deneysville - Sasolburg - Heilbron - Petrus Steyn - Reitz - Phuthaditjaba - Through Golden Gate to Clarens.

It was chilly as we headed out of Rynfield, Benoni and headed south towards Heidelberg. The road to Heidelberg wasn't too busy, but pockets of fog and fogging cold air greeted us in all the valleys between BNI and HBG. My helmet would regularly mist up and after much wiping my glove got soggy, which of course contributed to the intense cooling down of my left hand..  :patch:

Heidelberg came and went in a blur and we began to feel the need for coffee and greasy food, so I gave the XC the reins and we went blasting off towards the Vaal dam and the bike museum at Deneysville. It was cold.. did I mention it was cold?
We got to the good people at the museum and our friendly waiter was quick to set us up with some Old Brown Sherry, followed very quickly by the food and hot coffee.. Life was good again!
IMG_0599.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

Frau Guitar warming up and feeling better.
OIqgrudCjHcbk0GcJTyHVvHubNsQVjv2PDFzIYNwVP4o=w1044-h587-no

Anyone who's been to the museum knows there's a lot to see, and always something new. This was quite an attraction:- The Triumph 675 "Rat" build.
IMG_0602.JPG

Note the tongue sticking out the front. A switch on the dashboard activates the tongue and it starts licking...

Well this tickled Frau Guitar.. quite literally.. she gave the rat some ass, he licked it, they liked it, I LOVED it.. Hope you like it!!
20150523_084305.jpg