KTM 690 Gearbox issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee eS

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
About 30 Ks into the Saturdays red route on the recent LDBA my bike suddenly stopped selecting 1st, 2nd and 5th gear, 2nd, 4th and 4th gearts worked perfectly and I rode it back to Nelspruit like that. I did nor hear any noise or sound at all and the rear wheel did not lock up or anything like that. at 1st I thought i was not selecting aggressively enough and that I was getting false neutrals

KTM/Honda Nelspruit removed the clutch cover but we could not see anything wrong. I must give them some credit here as they did not charge me anything for the work they did and they even gave me a lift to go and collect my vehicle.

Thank you Nelspruit KTM/Honda :thumleft:

I trailered to Nelspruit so at least I did not have to worry about getting home.

I stripped the engine yesterday and discovered that the counter shaft broke in half.

Have anybody heard about something like this happening before and what could have caused it?

What happens to scrapped or written off KTM's? Is there a place like ACME that buys them up?