Need some 1150 versus 1200 BMW input. Decision made, keeping the 1150

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I stay or should I go. :)

• Total voters

Riaanrw

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
Need some 1150 versus 1200 BMW input.

So I am at that scratch point again. I am looking and wanting a change but cant seems to get to a point to make a decision. Hopefully getting a good poll going will give me a push in the right direction.

I have a 1150 GSA and it is a great bike and riding the big bike is loads of fun. I love the no chain and punctures is easy repair road side. I have smaller lighter bikes so I am not looking in that line. No need to suggest to look at lighter please.

I  see some 1200 GSA's on the market for good prices with low mileage. 2008 to 2011 models.

My question is am I silly to go from the 1150 GSA to the 1200? Will I gain anything by getting the 2008/2011 model? Will I gain a lot if I go for the new LC model?

I put the poll up to see what the general perception is of the bikes.

Keep in mind when you give your vote to whether I will gain or whether I will just be on a newer bike and inputting that extra money for the newer bike is not worth it.

Thank guys.

Cheers

R-O-V-Rat

PS: 2StrokeDan. Luister jy nou mooi vir my Oompie. Ek gaan jou van daai klein KTMpie van jou af ry met my groot bike as jy Kaark praat op my thread.   :snorting: