A raad raport wot is not rally a raad raport

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorsland

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I can like to frow wis raad raport here, even wou it warrant dun wif 'n mouterbaak.  Mods skuif hom erens heen as julle wil, laat weet my net waar. >:D ;D

This morning on our way to church in Cradock, we saw and experienced some awesome sights and scenes in the 220km round trip.  We leave early - around 07h00 - and after yesterday's rain and cold, the mist was thick and the sunrise really beautiful.

So this is not a lot of warrawarra, just a few nice pix to enjoy.  I guess it could actually go under some pic board but what the hell ...  Incidentally, I forgot my Lumix camera at home, so these are all taken with my S5 cellphone.  No Photoshopping (excepting the one pic with the film frame border that Google Photos automatically selected and jazzed up a bit and let me know when it was done) and downloaded again from Google Photos.  I am quite impressed with the app although the loss of privacy still bugs me.  https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=170809.0

It was blerrie cold this morning when we left the farm, I didn't make the same mistake I did earlier this past week and try and spray down the windscreen with the washer.  Instant frosted glass, literally.  :-\

20150628_073606_zpsnoxk3vup.jpg

And then as we got up on the plain, the sun just started getting ready to pop over the Sneeuberge.  Jaaaaaa, it happens every day but to be there as it happens is special, very special.  

20150628_073447_zpsebv8etro.jpg

The heavy frost gave the foreground a beautiful glitter, even though it was damn cold.  Oh, I've said that already haven't I. ;)

20150628_073853-EFFECTS_zpsyumvzcs9.jpg

20150628_074416_zpso08bwotq.jpg

20150628_073843_zpsdo970epg.jpg

Then the mist came over the mountain towards Lootsbergpas.  Julle klomp Capies kan maar julle moantyn kry, ons Oos-Capies  kan ook spog :p

20150628_073904_zpsywlb8ega.jpg

Bitter mooi gewees.  Heel gepas vir 'n trippie kerk toe.

And what will a Karoo Raad Raport be without a pic of a windpomp.  Oppie vlakte.  Surrounded by frost. Truly beautiful!

20150628_074400_zps6zq8xzjq.jpg

So we are travelling along enjoying the awesome scenery and the thick mist and the fresh new day when my 2IB suddenly grabs my arm and points as we pass along the Mountain Zebra Park boundary fence alongside the R61.

A cheetah!!  Right alongside the fence.  Waaragtig kerels, 'n blerrie jagluiperd sommer hier langs ons.  Ek trek toe sommer daar aan die verkeerde kant van die pad af en neem 'n kiekie of twee van die pragtige dier.  Dis nou jammer dat dit met die selfoon was en deur die drade ook nog maar, bliksem!

I have traveled many many kilometers in the bush in my life and have only once before seen a cheetah.  And here is this one right up close and personal.  Beautiful man!  It has a radio tracking collar on but seemed quite happy with it and not stressed by me being right alongside the fence from it.

20150628_083725_zpssgysq6ds.jpg

We are truly blessed to live and work in such beautiful surroundings.  

Fluitfluit, my storie is uit   :thumleft: