Motorcycle Museums in South Africa - Updates on 1st Post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

profiler

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I dont know if this has been covered before, but surely there are more than one Motorcycle Museum in South Africa other than the one in Deneysville, and the privately owned one somewhere up the East Coast?

I would love to go and visit them all (State and Privately owned) on a round-a-bout tour O0

Could anyone with more accurate information (Contact numbers, GPS Co-ords etc) or additional information please add to the list below.

>>Nieuwoudtsville collector: If you  turn into the town coming from Calvinia's side there is a petrol station on your left (most probably the only one in town) and the owner of the garage has his      collection in a shed right there.

>>Wielemuseum Koos Rossouw (wife Jo) Leeudoringstad  018 581 2407, 084 4698294

>>Carlos Paiva of the Riders Ranch in Sidvokodvo, Swaziland has the most amazing collection of bikes, even a Wankel engine Suzuki, apparently they are all runners. He has them mounted on frames on the wall of his pub. Go to the Swazi Rally from 28th to 30th August to see them otherwise not sure if he is open to the public. Carlos Pavia in Swaziland. His wife's cell and e-mail SONIA: Cell: +268 7602 1551 Email: [email protected] GPS Coordinates: 26 38 19.87S 31 24 09.17E

>>Jupiter Museum in Kei Mouth – Billy Nels

>>Robbie Wicks has an amazing bike collection in a warehouse in Hogsback that's well worth a visit!

>>Start line in pinetown

>>Not sure if he is still there but the owner of Lucas Quality Thatchers had some pre-WWII Harleys and a few other classics, bikes and cars, in a shed  at Prince Albert. Not a formal exhibition but if you were interested you could have a look. Koos Lucas, think he have sold a part of the business but if memory serves he owns the bushpub in Prins Albert. And has a nice collection of antique vehicles

>>Deneysville

>>Witbank: A few years ago Peet Weet (used to be on WDs) and Sandbank took a few of us to a museum near Welkom. A beautiful collections of bikes, a big workshop and lots of bike spares. The owner even has a mechanic that does restorations for him.

>>Somerset West: When you approach Somerset-West from Stellenbosch on the R44, there is a farm on the righthand side bordering the neighbourhood.
Friend of mine took me there a few years back, this guy has a collection of mostly cars and a few bikes, about 10 roughly.
But the bikes were all pristine examples, some even had zero kilo's on their odometers.
I remember a Yamaha RD/RZ350, a RD/RZ/RZV500, Honda CBX1000, CX500, Suzuki GSX1100, GSX1100Katana.
The cars were also quite special, Plymouth roadrunner among them.
Not a museum as such, but the foremen showed us the collection, three sheds full.

>>Cradock - I like old cars as much as I like bikes. There was a collector in Cradock with one of the most amazing collections I've ever seen, not only of cars, but other machines too. He died some years ago and I wonder what happened to it. If his family kept and preserved it, its well worth the visit.His name was Piet Coetzee, well known attorney and won the Milligan a few times.

It certainly looks like there are actually more of these hidden gems than I originally thought!!