Daggaboer Farm - Eastern Cape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bus

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
Hey All

Went up to the Eastern Cape to my girlfriendâ??s family farm this past long weekend. Its situated next to the N10 between Cookhouse and Cradock.
It is called Daggaboer. Itâ??s a cattle and sheep farm and it has a mountain in the backyard!!!

My girlfriendâ??s folks also run the Daggaboer Farm Stall on the N10 just down from the farm. If anyone is travelling that route sometime, be sure to stop in and have a look around. Awesome little gem of a place. Charl or Isobel will be more than happy to see to your needs, be it refreshments, food or just general conversation.
Charl will also let you in on the history of the name â??Daggaboerâ? and why the farm is called that. They make their own ginger beer and pineapple juice. Also their â??roosterkoekâ? is a big crowd favorite.

Needless to say Ive always wanted to take my bike along, but never got the chance. But this time I was adamant and organized a trailer to cage the DRZ with me.

My mate Marius came along. He rides a Ducati Multistrada 620. Now most of you will know that the Multistrada is Ducatiâ??s take on a â??Dual Sportâ? bike. But they fitted it with 17â? wheelsâ?¦? Ai tog!!! So for him to be more comfortable off road, we fitted some Maxxis Dual sport Tyres to it. The rear was no problem, 150/70/17 but getting a 17â? front offroad tyre is nigh on impossible. So we fitted the biggest rear 17â? tyre that we could find on his front rim and removed his front mudguard to make it fit. Also a Maxxis, 120/90/17.

This actually gave the bike a considerable lift at the front and made off road work much easier. It looked a bit fruity, but hey, we were desperate. He rode everywhere I did (big up to the man!!!), it was just much harder work for him. And we really did some rough stuff. He came off a few times, I only had one very close call, but more on that later.

Enough blurb, here are the picsâ?¦

Part 1 â?? Wednesday 30 April - Outride up the mountain behind the main farm house. Really bad rocky road, 4x4â??s only.

Ready to leave from the farm stall
IMGP1759.jpg

Check out that fruity front wheel!!!
IMGP1760.jpg

Some great scenic pics:
IMGP1761.jpg

IMGP1762.jpg

IMGP1764.jpg

Finally on top of the mountain. A minor spill at crawling speed for the Duke, but nothing serious.
IMGP1765.jpg

IMGP1766.jpg

IMGP1769.jpg

Then Marius got windgat and tried a rolling burn-outâ?¦. on grassâ?¦. With fairly predictable resultsâ?¦
IMGP1767.jpg

Luckily no serious injuries or damage. Just some bruises, a zorst burn and a grassy footpeg. Pity I couldnâ??t get it on videoâ?¦ He was a good sport about it though.

Iâ??ll have a single on the rocks, pleaseâ?¦
IMGP1770.jpg

Check this baboon turdâ?¦ (In the front...)
IMGP1775.jpg

Some more scenery on top of the mountain:
IMGP1771.jpg

IMGP1772.jpg

IMGP1776.jpg

IMGP1778.jpg

And then back down to the farm again.
IMGP1780.jpg

IMGP1781.jpg

This poor fella ran into some bad luck.
IMGP1783.jpg

A Multistrada in the bush??? Im sure the Ducati bosses wont believe thisâ?¦
IMGP1787.jpg

This is more like itâ?¦
IMGP1791.jpg

Daggaboer sports the most incredible sunsetsâ?¦
IMGP1795.jpg

A short ride, but very challenging and tiring.

Part 2 coming soon...