Kykdaar falls into the toilet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kykdaar

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zundapp (all models)
Well, if you gonna have an accident I suppose you cannot ask for a better place than your front yard.

Took out the DR after a long period of inactivity to go buy the right spark plug for the Husky. Was standing idling and warming up in front of the Jazz.

Idea is to get on, ride around the Jazz like I have done a million times before and out the gate.

This time the bike cut out and stalled on me as I was rounding the Jazz.

Before I knew what was happening the bike fell over to the left. Tried to catch it, but was too close to the car. That did not stop me trying off course - the result was a sickening pop as my ankle went over under the weight of the bike.

Next minute 125kg of prime steak falls over onto the side door of the Jazz. The bike continued its downward momentum and I found myself stuck under the bike and against the car with my foot trapped at an awkward angle and unable to free myself.

Of coarse the wife hava closed the garage door by that time and was busy in the washing room, well outside hearing range of my somewhat frantic calls.

After lying there for a while and having the first few waves of pain wash over me, with no response from my nearest and dearest I went from helpless mode to a "screw this" and managed to get my other leg in a position to lift the bike a little and kick it away from me far enough to release its grip on my stuffed ankle. I hobbled into an upright position at exactly the same time as the wife opened the garage door to go and throw some garbage into the drum - thanks Murphy ::)

She helped me right the bike and I gave it a quick look over. Apart from mirrors that had to be reset, the DR suffered absolutely no damage - apart from refusing to start for a good 10 minutes.

The Honda, on the other hand was not so furtunate. Jeez, but modern cars are made from tinfoil.

Eish....gonna have to phone my broker tomorrow. For now I am sitting here watching my ankle getting bigger and bigger from swelling and popping pain pills ;D

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 1,079
  • Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 1,077
  • Photo 3.jpg
    Photo 3.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 1,079
  • Photo 4.jpg
    Photo 4.jpg