Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Cape National Off-Road 24-26 Sept  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Offroad2

Re: Cape National Off-Road 24-26 Sept
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2015, 02:30:45 pm »
A loop with elevation profile

B loop

C loop

No Road like Off-Road

Offline Offroad2

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 10:34:29 am »
Final Count Down   -  Entries close in 4 days Friday 18th

No Road like Off-Road

Offline George77

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Bikeless
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 09:18:25 pm »
Kan tot my spyt nie gaan kyk nie, op my agterstoep.  :xxbah:

Smaak my die manne wat wel gaan ry het, het erg arm pump en kan geen feedback of pics vir ons gee nie.....

Offline Dux

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 07:06:35 am »
Spoke to Buff yesterday , all he said was that the course was tough with lots of rocks
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline PLUTO

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 03:24:24 pm »
BC 400 Day 1 report.

The National oaks started off at around 7h30am with a 50 km time trial to determine race order for the main event, which started at 10h30.  At documentation, we all got helmet stickers to indicate the Loop sequence for the day. 

So oaks like me got a helmet sticker saying BCC – a 3 lapper.  (national oaks also 3 laps, but plus time trial which = 4 laps) You all start from the same place, and 2 kays down the track you take A, B or C.  Some 2 kays from the finish, the three loops converged into one.  All very well marked and easy to figure.

The B loop.  Just under 50 km, and rated the most technical of the three.  Rocky single track, some river crossings, off camber …

The C loop.  About 55 kays.  Lots of open straights between vineyards, a climb to a farmer’s scenic braai spot, single track, a mud bath, and a sand dune to keep things interesting. 

Day 2, which is tomorrow, will feature other loop combinations – I think we are to do C A A? 

In any event, 3 loops will make you tired, no matter what speed you ride at.  The joy and happiness comes from almost limitless riding in a safe environment – well worth the entrance fee and MSA licence.  In the normal course of events, you will never get to ride terrain like this.  It’s 180 kilometres of marked track over a good number of farms ( eight?) and you don’t have to get off your bike once to open or close a gate. 

Roll on Saturday!