WAKKERSTROOM D/S Heaven. Ride Report.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Splash and myself decided to make our own long week-end :) We decided to leave on Saturday the 3rd of May and come back on the 5th of May. Where to? Wakkerstroom ;D Phoned the day before for accommodation and asked. HOW is the weather down there. Silence---- and then well it has been raining ALL day today, but otherwise its Ok ??? Ok for What i asked myself :mad: for the Ducks? Well we left on all the backroads by tar-286km to get there early on Saturday and to get some riding in before it got dark. We arrived at about 11.30, had something to eat after we unpacked and still feeling fresh after the COLD ride.( Love my bikes heated Grips.) Now the bike manufacturer's need to get something to warm up my nuts. ::) Here are some pics of our INN and of our rooms and yes strange sleeping partners these two bikes. ;D Wakkerstroom. Founded by Dirk Cornelius Uys who surveyed the area and measured all the erf sizes using a 50-yard long thong cut from a Eland bull he shot on his arrival in Wakkerstroom. There are various bushman painting sites in the area surrounding Wakkerstroom and seven Khoi-san rock art shelters in the area, some with up to eighty individual paintings.During the Anglo Boer War the British built a line of twenty-one Block Hoeses between Volksrust and Wakkerstroom and 100 between Wakkerstroom and Piet Retief ?

Attachments

• DSC02771.jpg
    DSC02771.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC02772.jpg
    DSC02772.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC02775.jpg
    DSC02775.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC02766.jpg
    DSC02766.jpg