Living with a 2014 Versys 650, mods and logs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berty77

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
So I bought a 2014 model from Suzuki South a month ago, this bike is a bit more viby than my previous buttery WeeStrom but the amount of power available from low down is equal and it comes in lower and smoother than the Strom, which makes this the perfect step-up from s single.
Why don't Kawa have this in a dual yet I don't know.
My Vers is still stock and like all boys with new toys it needs to be tweeked. PC5 and Autotune together with a Yoshi is apparently the way to uncork the midrange torque from 4000rpm insteed of the standard 6000. Having 90% of your torque available at 4k gives this motor much more drive than anything in this class, well that's the experience anyway from the USA tuners.
Me being me and never happy with the available aftermarket goodies are looking at the following :
Getting rid of the stock under slung exhaust muffler.
Adding freeflow underslung box with twin outlet.
Reroute twin outlet to one either side of the bike and finishing it off with a GP style canister attached to the passenger foot peg mountings but sort of like the Dakar racers side pipes, I love that under and up look and also the double side TL/TRX look.
The mid pipe and connector pipes assembly I can do myself plus assembly.
Then it will be off to the dyno to get it fueled correctly to match the new setup.
Lets see what comes out of this experiment.