TuneECU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill the Bong

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Cagiva Elefant 900
My 2011 690 was a notorious staller.  I ended up fitting a Vortex ECU.  This worked fine.  However, I wanted to have access to TuneECU to be able to get access to Laptop/Tablet based diagnostics and the Vortex does not support this. 

TuneECU allows you to check sensors, voltages in the TPS, see faults and clear the faults, check whether the throttle opens and closes fully, etc.  That is what I wanted.

The other thing is that you can remap your bike's fuel injections system.  You can reprogram the throttle plate's opening speed, load alternative fuel maps and remap those as you fancy.  I ended up loading a RPM-relative throttle map and the EVO1 fuel map. 

So, I thought that somebody else with a 2008 - 2013 bike might want to do the same.  I imported the hardware for about R850 or thereabouts.  I thought that I would make it available for about R200 for a 2 week period.  2 weeks will give you ample time for getting familiar with the kit and to manage your maps.  You wont really need it after that.  You pay for transport from Upington and back to Upington after your slot.

Will there be interest in an initiative like this?