One of my proudest mods- BMW1200ADV onboard airpump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiG DoM

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Ok so I am an incurable farkler and modder... should start FA - Farkler Annonymous

Anyway on my previous 1150 non-ABS I had a great space vacated by the ABS under the tank into which I inserted a medium duty small air compressor pump and always had air on tap, and on board. Obviously very useful especially for off-road use.

Now on my 1200 ADV I have really missed this feature and have just not found the space for such a luxury ... until this past weekend when I stripped my portable Michelin 12v air pump down, gutted it and inserted the inards in the tool tray - which had anyway long since new held no tools (the OEM offering these days is so faarking PATHETIC that I carry a seperate tool roll in my topbox). It fitted just like a honeymoon fit . Next step was wire it underneath to a switch near the aux plug. Fit a slinky type air hose and VOILA now have onboard air again. Not as quick as my larger previous pump but does the job.

Pic of pomp inserted in the tool tray that is just a drop in fit.

Attachments

• Pump 1.jpg
    Pump 1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 504