Bad Service - KTM CT & Adventure Rider CT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Crow

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
Not quite a rant, not quite a share.

I am truly puzzled by bad service. I kinda get it when it's a big corporate company where the employee on the floor is far removed from the balance sheets and knowing what REALLY this big wheel of business turn. When it's a smaller business where every cent counts ( as it does everywhere) and even more so FELT I completely fail to understand why you would not put your best into giving GREAT service. I'm not saying perfect, but at least aim for it. Aim small, miss small.

Adventure Rider CT
Bought a CRF250L on this here forum and was looking for some bits and pieces. Phoned Trevor at ADV CT and he said he could help with most of it and that I should email it to him. He will then reply with prices on what he's got + alternatives to what he doesn't stock + let me know what he can't help with at all. Great.

Email sent May 22nd. Followed up with another on May 26th and a phone call some time after. To this day not even a "sorry we can't help with any of that".  My list with notes in brackets as sent to him:
- Luggage Rack (Something that will be Rotopax friendly a month or three down the line)
- Case Saver
- Garmin Montana 600 Lockable mount
- Tail Tidy (I'm a fan of the Yoshimura)
- Radiator Guard
- Two finger levers

I have since ordered most of it from crfsonly.com and managed to get a killer luggage rack from https://www.scaggsmotodesigns.com/honda-crf250l.html

KTM CT
I've been trying my best to buy some Klim Dakar pants from them since mid June. I drove through to try some on, but they didn't have the color and cut I was looking for. Johan promised to order the same day (June 15th) and to get back to me with an ETA. I could get them cheaper from MX Alliance, but I decided to support "local" and not window shop them.

Tried on a jacket the same day, but said I would read up on the various Klim options first then confirm my order when I collect the pants. Never phoned me with an ETA so I phoned towards the end of that week. Was told they are on their way, I will get a call the second they are unpacked. Nope, no call.

Phoned again towards the end of June - "I'll get back to you". Nope. Phoned again yesterday (Sat Jul 25). Johan was busy and the guy who answered couldn't help me. Left a message with a CLEAR he's never phoned me back once so PLEASE get him to call me. Never returned my call.

Took the time to post most of this on their Facebook Page. They took the time to delete my post, but couldn't find the time to phone me to get me to spend some good money with them.

So you're either rolling in the dough and not bothered or feeling the pinch cause your service sucks, but at least you have the economy and goverment to blame. All of this while MX Alliance replied to my emails within a hour and returned a call while I was still leaving a message on his phone!

Have heard shops moan often about locals who do not support local because they buy overseas. Have also heard the moans about buying online as they don't have the same overheads and staff expenses and could therefor offer gear cheaper. Unfortunately in most cases you guys leave us with no choice, but to go abroad or online.

Maybe a spend of R25k (Jacket, boots and pants NOT bought at KTM + CRF bits bought from abroad) is not not a lot of money to you guys, but not only have you lost those sales - you will not see me again and in this life will I not refer a friend to you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.