Bleeding the 650R front brakes... F#$king pain in the arse!!!---- SORTED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rant on!!  :mad:

Is it just me or is this a notoriosly difficult process???  In all my 25+ years of motorcycling I have never come across a bike that has such kak front brakes to bleed!! I have replaced the master cylinder seals as the lever pulled to the handlebar with zero effect on the caliper. I have run two full bottles through the system and managed to get about half of what it should be. I have stipped and cleaned the caliper itself, regreased all the bits and put in back on the bike.

I have tried both methods of pumping the lever,  holding it in , the opening the nipple... etc etc. The other is to "suck" the fliud from the resevoir through the caliper via the bleed nipple. It was in doing this that I got about halfway, when I foolishly sucked a bit of air into the resevoir from the top by letting the fluid level drop too low  

images

:xxbah:.... so now I am back to square one... on day three of bleeding these f%#king brakes!!  :dousing:

Rant off!!