Flower trip to Namaqualand - end August

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Yes, I have to admit it - I like flowers and want to see them. Is anyone interested in going on a Namaqualand trip towards the end of August or early September? My idea is to leave on a Friday or Saturday 21/22 or 28/29 August and coming back a week later on the following Sunday.

If there are any takers, I would be leaving from Durban and going either south or north of Lesotho over two days to the Northern Cape, spending the week in the area from the Vanrhynsdorp to Springbok area and then returning to Durban the following weekend. Happy for Gautengers or people from elsewhere to join me or meet up, even if just for a few days.

I ride a newish 1200GSA, like to do about 40% dirt (not off the road as in the bush or donga), but want to get there and back quickly (first/last two days) to spend maximum time in target area - as I said - I want to see the flowers!Once there I want to take it relaxed and easy. Medium budget as far as accommodation and food is concerned - like the odd picnic rather than wasting time in a restaurant on a beautiful day (unless it is end of the day with a beer!). Early riser.