Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Orphanage Ride, Western Cape WDs Rock!  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
Re: Orphanage Ride, Western Cape WDs Rock!
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 06:17:23 pm »
Just a observation to OPERATOR:  ::)

This:

...that were involved...........we must not forgive these kids after this.

should probably read:

that were involved...........we must not forget these kids and forgive their parents, after this.  ;D

Typing error........but your point is taken and agreed with.  ;)     ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 06:42:14 pm »
Awesome stuff guys, you CT guys ROCK! 8) 8)
This forum never ceases to amaze me. 8)
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline Uiltjie

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Caledon
    • http://www.goudinie.co.za
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 07:06:22 pm »
Now where are the rest of the pics?

Come-on, post them!
"Sit vis vobiscum."

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 07:53:07 pm »
The rain and wind was all worthwile when I saw those little faces and knew we would make a difference. It realy touched my heart seeing those little people, as Uil said, who could not love a face like that?

Now where are the rest of the pics?

Come-on, post them!

I only took one pic, on the way back past Memel, yes, that's what the sign says. Unfortunately my cell has decided to pack up this morning, so the photos lost until I can get my phone to work.

Thanks for Uiltjie for taking the initiative and running with it. I was also touched by the promise of another forum member that's going to make sweaters (sweetpakke) for all the kids, for FREE!
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline Stofstreep

• Semi-retired
  • Deleted Users
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Hot and humid
    • On a Dust cloud in Africa
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 10:12:07 pm »
Great one guys !!!
You are awesome!
Be careful of the words you say.
And keep them soft and sweet.
For you never know from day to day.
Which ones you'll have to eat.

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 11:35:04 pm »
This was getting together at the Engen One Stop at about 7:30:

Due to the rain Vicky didn't take the camera out - Surf and the Mrs was riding ahead of us and she was hiding behind him for most of the road before Rawesonville - scared she might let some cold in if she moves...

;D ;D

I think this was on the way to Rawsoneville.

Dogs getting ready to roll.

The road to Worcester past Nekkies:

Stopping just before the turnoff to Skerpenheuwel where we met Ektoknbike:

We had to do some dirt!
BY this time the winter weather left us alone and it was plain dust sailing for a bit:

Another inride photo:

Smokebreak and regroup at the end of the dirt bit:

Parking in front of the Home:

Uiltjie posted cool photos of the home itself - I just wanted to post this: Operator showing his 'fast hand kung fu teqnique' to Surf. One to many time watching 'Enter the Dragon' ...

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 11:36:53 pm by Eisbein »
02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2008, 11:46:14 pm »
Just want to say from my side that it was awesome being part of something like this.

It is a little bit that was given with still so much to do, but like Petru also said - every little bit counts.

She told us how she fealt that she needed to ask people for R10 pledges to buy a new mini bus.

After 6 months she had enough R10/month donations to cover the monthly repayment of two.

R10 isn't much to one guy, but a lot of people's R10's can go a long way.

It amazes me how generous people can be and how something like this can just pull everyone together.

I tell you - it broke my heart to see the home and how it operates. They are doing their best to make the homes feel like a real home.
My hat is off to the 'mom's that they have in the 'houses' - 15 children and one woman acting like a full time mother for them. 24/7 and mostly 365.

There is no glory or money in what they do - but the honor and respect is there. To them this isn't a job, but a calling. Trying to instill a sense of family and dignity into these children investing emmotionally as much as they can.
Not easy.

I really hope our involvement there wasn't a once off, but that this will become a regular thing.

Take care all - and please appreciate what you have...

« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 11:49:29 pm by Eisbein »
02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline bushclown

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 07:05:32 am »

Good on all the cape dogs

Well done
 :thumright:

Offline Tim

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 08:02:56 am »
It's was a great day, and it was a sad day.

Thanks Uiltjie and all the rest for organising, but this ride will still haunt me for a while.

At least I realized that there are many more people out there who care, and like Eisbein said a R10 here, or a Saturday breakfast run there makes all the difference.  Thanks wilddogs.
.. therefore sweet knights if you may doubt your strength or courage come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty pointy teeth.

Offline Staffie

• Bike: Honda NC750X
  • Ride to Live - Live to Ride - N.E.M.
    • Welcome to Staffie's online dog box
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 08:10:56 am »
Eerstens dankie aan al die ander WD's (veral Camelman, Camelgirl, BigEd & XXX) vir julle geduld, tips, hulp, advies en bystand op my eerste WD ride. Eerlik wees - ek was erg gestress die oggend veral oor die weer.
Tweedens - dankie aan die Herberg vir die eye-opening experience ! Dit laat mens drie keer dink aan hoe gelukkig en geseënd ons almal regtig is. Soos voorheen genoem 'never forget but rather forgive...'
Laaste - dankie aan almal wat gereël en die dag moontlik gemaak het. Ek is ewig dankbaar maar ek weet almal by die Herberg is meer dankbaar as wat ek ooit sal kan wees.
Dit was my eerste maar nie my laaste - hoop net die weer is volgende keer beter !
Wild Dogs rule !
throw a dog a bone for Pete's sake !

Offline Ridealot

• Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
  • There is no better time than now - lets ride!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 08:32:59 am »
Dankie van my kant ook vir almal wat dit gereel het (Uil, Hien, Oom Fou-rie en co - dit was goed!!  Ons sal beslis weer so kan maak - wonderlik om te sien dat soveel van ons wat mekaar nie geken het nie - soveel in gemeen het - dit gee mens weer hoop vir die land van ons!!! ;D

Offline Fidel

• Capo di Rompe Coglione
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • U KANTE KILLE ME
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2008, 09:02:10 am »
Well done chaps.

Nothing rewards more than giving to those in need. Particularly with kids, as they do not posses the capacity to misconstrue or abuse peoples kind deeds. Their needs are pure.

Pitty i wasnt aware of this event, but will certainly look out for it next time.

Offline Uiltjie

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Caledon
    • http://www.goudinie.co.za
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2008, 09:08:16 am »

Pitty i wasnt aware of this event,

Liar! ;D
"Sit vis vobiscum."

Offline Fidel

• Capo di Rompe Coglione
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • U KANTE KILLE ME
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2008, 09:18:01 am »
Ag nee Uilman, hoe kan jy dit se? Is this my German interigation for the day. ;D

I dont lie.

Offline Scrat

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2008, 09:25:37 am »
Hey ya all!!

Dis great om so iets te sien - ek is TROTS om 'n WD te wees!! Amazing, wens ek kon daar wees!!
Kan nie glo dit het so goed gewerk nie!!
Sal julle op hoogte hou van die klere en dan moet ons maar weer gesels oor 'n tyd om dit te gaan aflaai??

CHeers
Scrat
Call us Crazy!! But what an ADVENTURE!!

dustsucker

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 09:30:34 am »
Well done chaps.

Nothing rewards more than giving to those in need. Particularly with kids, as they do not posses the capacity to misconstrue or abuse peoples kind deeds. Their needs are pure.

Pitty i wasnt aware of this event, but will certainly look out for it next time.

+100

LIL MINX

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 10:12:32 am »
This is such an incredible event that you guys initiated and followed through - i would love to have been there but unfortunately couldnt attend.

I have visited a childrens home before and I had tears in my eyes to see such amazing kids being in these places where they have had no choice .... it is so so sad but at the same time it makes me feel better when I realise that there are good souls out there who dedicate so much of their love, time, lives etc for them to provide the best these kids deserve. 

It certainly makes one think how fortunate some of us are and that we must cherish and be grateful for what we have.

Well done for raising the cash you did and all the other contributions, you people really are AWESOME :)

Offline Lourens ツ

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2008, 10:22:20 am »
Really awesome and inspirational stuff. Well done to all involved. :thumright:
Lourens de Lange

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2008, 10:27:18 am »

I have visited a childrens home before and I had tears in my eyes to see such amazing kids being in these places where they have had no choice .

Oh yes...

My sister is a teacher in the Robertson High School and she said one of the most heart wrenching things she'd witnessed was some of the standard 6 children being so excited about going to their real parents for a weekend - for weeks before the time.

Then the children comes back on the Monday - broken emmotionally) and bruised / beaten...

Drunk parents >:(

Then next time in a couple of months they are excited all over again about going 'home'.
These kids are hungry to 'belong'.

:( :(

LIL MINX

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2008, 10:40:06 am »
Hearing and seeing these things just makes me want to go out there and save them all...... but realistically I cannot as there are just too many.... but doing events like this can make a huge difference for the kids particularly at this home where ur valued contributions were made :)

My heart is so tender for these kids man.....