Playing at the R300 Brackenfell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So this was destined to be just a stress buster, after a hectic 4 days work (yeppers, one trade was 4 days long tbat was animated with stress). I said to my business partner and riding partner and friend and BMW riding instructor friend Leon, lets go for a ride. But only after getting into another trade. Sweet.

True as nuts the trade turns into a reversal, which I am still in... what a kak week of trading. Anyhow, as soon as I was in the reversal, I google talked my mate, and said, lets fork off. So circa 1840pm, we met just up the road.

This is just a greenbelt area that people use to walk their dogs and its the area that is the junction of the R300 in Bellville area. Nothing too scenic, nothing too hectic, just a dirt road and imagination. Nothing like taking a few ramps and jumps to relieve the stress!

Now, I have to be an apologist and say two things: 1) My ankle aint right yet, and is still swollen. I had a 2 hour physio session before going on the bike :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: and 2) I aint really used to the thing yet, like I was my Dakar.

Anyway, power slides were the order of the day.

Here ya go.

This is the most sideways that I could manage on the Katoom, its a full handlebar lock (and adjusted to make the steering max turnable)

54938142-M.jpg

Turning around and revving her up for more skidding

54938146-M.jpg

Missed a transition point :D

54938152-M.jpg

See how awkward my body is still. Not yet at peace with the bike

54938154-M.jpg

AT one stage though i was gong to wack the photographer

54938156-M.jpg

Swop the slide round. Rememebr these are only snappies and you know how hard it is to get the best part of the slide on cammy.

54938157-M.jpg

My mate - doesnt a GS always look so awesome?

54938160-M.jpg

Missed the slide too - too fast!

54938158-M.jpg

54938164-M.jpg

Accelerating away, this is the split second he starts

54938166-M.jpg

Note body position

54938167-M.jpg

This was a little turn left from the approach side which doesnt have runup and had some of our famous Cape sand in it but finer, and then this little bump. I didnt feel comfortable making her WOT over the bump yet cos it hurts the ankle on landing.

54938169-M.jpg

another

54938171-M.jpg

really good focus here.

54938172-M.jpg

going up one of those rock covered with wire water traps thingies

54938170-M.jpg

taken my Leons 10year old son, I think he did well to capture the moment of a lil ramp

54938175-M.jpg

the Katoom. Note the fork compression...

54938176-M.jpg

cheers R300

54938173-M.jpg

I will also put up a few videos on putfile for the hill me and my mate did in the grass. Grass even when dry is slippery as you know, and when you go up a steep gradient, even more so. And there wasnt much runup for sure.

check in a bit for those links.