Headshake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2wdrift

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Just an hour ago I was riding home from a friends place, no alcohol consumed, I had a range rover sport being all windgat so I decided to show him my rear tail lights...

As I was approaching 150 my dark visor slammed down over my goggles, as I let go with the left hand to flip it back up as I have done a thousand times before it started getting a headshake, by this time I was at around 160. I grabbed the handlebar again with my left hand, but it kept on going and it got quite close to shaking my hands off the handlebar, breaking didnt help, so I moved back on the seat and floored it to make the front end light in hopes that that would work. It really didnt... I then relaxed my arms believing that it would help but no difference at all. (I didnt want to let go with the left hand again as I probably wouldnt be able to grab it again) So by this time I am contemplating the meaning of life and what would be said at my funeral as I gently press the rear brake, as the bike got down to 120 it settled down and felt normal. The range rover still wasnt close to me  >:D.

I have a MT21 rallycross up front, running 3.0 bar with a tube, the front rim has a few smileys as it is my off road set that is on the bike. The rear is a nearly finished E-07. The suspension has preload maxed out at both ends and the damping is tuned to the sport settings. The speed rating on the front tire is 170 and on the rear 200, I didnt go above that.

Tomorrow I will inspect the front wheel a bit.

I plead the fifth regarding the state of my underwear after said event had taken place.