Motorcycle memories.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
It was during the very early eighties, and I worked at the Co-op in Stellenbosch. Short commute through town to work and back in the mornings and evenings took me on what
became my own little road race.
Apologies to those not familiar with the street-outlay in Stellenbosch, but in the mornings I would go from the "Aurora" block of flats, and the high point would be going east in
Alexander street, right into Papegaai street. The cross-over between Alexander and Papegaai had a little "hump", and the front would just lbecome light going over it.

Returning in the afternoon, going north up Andringa street, I'd turn left into Muller and almost immediately right again into DsBotha street. Now DsBotha street was of a slightly higher elevation than Muller, and just hitting powerband on a 1974 Yamaha RD350 would result in a sudden rise in front end, which you had to get under immediate control as the
junction of DsBotha street with Hammanshandweg is just about 50metres from this wheely point.

Some very great memories of my breakfast and dinner GP's.