Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: A Ginger and a Porra Foreskin do KZN  (Read 8163 times)

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
Re: A Ginger and a Porra Foreskin do KZN
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2015, 02:02:49 pm »
You okes are stirrers
Probably the only gay oke in Memel, and he takes to drinking with us at the bar
FML  :o

And what other bar was he going to drink at in Memel? :eek7:

:biggrin:  :biggrin:
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure SOLD - 2007 BMW G650x  - 2001 F650GS Dak SOLD - 1981 XT500 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2015, 02:03:56 pm »
You okes are stirrers
Probably the only gay oke in Memel, and he takes to drinking with us at the bar
FML  :o

And what other bar was he going to drink at in Memel? :eek7:

:biggrin:  :biggrin:

Well GingerBreadMan seems to think that I have a knack of attracting the skeef men
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Ginger Bread Man

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2015, 02:07:16 pm »
Didnt you buy him a shot of tequila...?  :pot:

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2015, 02:09:16 pm »
Didnt you buy him a shot of tequila...?  :pot:

This is a ride report not a dating site
Fok off  :deal:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2015, 02:11:41 pm »
The days riding had started to take it out of us, more me than GingerBreadMan, we had only eaten Breakfast, it was midday now and I could have done with some food, but that was the least of my complaints, the water in my camelback tasted like crap, a beer could have gone down so well and made me feel more content, but there was none. We pressed on, the road still needed some serious concentration, lots of loose gravel, time was working against us, we still had a long nice scenic loop to make before reaching the bash venue, we didn’t want to get there after dark. Pitching tents in the dark sux, contending with ridiculous lawless drivers in the dark is even worse.
Finally, I thought we found beer, we reached Weenen, if this is not a ghost town, it should be. So we moved on….
We eventually made it to Greytown, surely there will be a decent pub around here for a quick beer and maybe something to snack on. One would think, the best I could find was in the heart of the taxi rank in the dodgiest part of town, there was no way we were parking our bikes in the street there with all our gear on it, after riding up and down streets trying to find a beer grumpy me decided to stop in front of KFC, a coke each and a quick little burger made things better. Back onto the R33 and here we decided to make the call to stay on the R33 to Pietermaritzburg, we were cutting out a big loop, but we weren’t happy with the time we had and the lack of beer wasn’t in the full loops favour.
And this is where we first started getting acquainted with the charming KZN drivers, stuck behind a line of cars I noticed the late Opel in front of me driving rather aggressively, but what scared me most and kept me behind him was the apparent lack of shock absorbers, every bump he hit the car bounced and bounced and bounced, how he drove that death trap I don’t know, but eventually he raced ahead, at the front of this queue, I overtook the bread truck slowing traffic down, when GingerBreadMan finally overtook the truck at 140, he was overtaken midway by another car.
Yes dirt riding just feels way safer. We had several other incidents the only one I care to mention was the ass the passed me on the right after I had stopped at a red robot, I always stop in the middle of the two lanes, if I hadn’t there, I probably wouldn’t be writing this report.
 We made it to PMB around 5, it was starting to get dark and then we battled to find the venue, eventually with the location sent by a helpful fellow dog we found it, in the dark.
Tents were pitched, Beers were cold, fires were lit and we settled our weary bodies for a chilled evening.

Here is the loop we were supposed to do, the one at the top of day 2 is what we did, a nice bit cut out.

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Buell Ulysses XB12
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2015, 02:18:23 pm »
 :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
This is not life or death. It is an internet forum.

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2015, 02:27:10 pm »
Some bash photos courtesy of the Wooly Mammoth

And a little teaser

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/IvKO1SRr-YU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/IvKO1SRr-YU</a>

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2015, 07:08:26 am »
Day 3 – Chill time

This was pretty much a rest day for us, we still had a long trip back the next day, so while most of the dogs went on scenic outrides, or stayed behind and leaked oil in the parking lot, we decided to head off to the beach, no ways I was so close to it to not go there, and see some good friends while at it.
And after my really bad sleep the previous night I wasn’t in the mood for anything strenuous, I hate camping, blow up mattresses are the devils work, there is nothing worse to sleep on.

225km

We headed off to Umhlanga, we were going to meet EssBee and Mrs EssBee for lunch and some drinks as well. So off to the Umhlanga pier, filled with some great eye candy as well.

We met up with Essbee and Mrs Essbee and went off to Beach bums in Westbrook for lunch and some laughs
Was good seeing you guys again

Back to the venue and time for some evening festivities. Prize giving, supper and drinks. some more old faces too (DeeCeeBee) and some new ones (Wooly Bugger).

That evening we heard of the days happenings too, apparently one lucky biker got to meet a gorgeous blonde on top a mountain, a helicopter pilot nonetheless. I questioned the truth in this tale.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:20:28 am by Mikie »

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2015, 08:48:51 am »
Day 4 – Pietermaritzburg to………

Sunday was winging it day, we were homeless today, no accommodation booked, but we knew we would find somewhere to sleep that evening, if all else failed we had tents, not that I wanted to use it. I think I did mention how I hate camping and how satan invented the blow up mattress. We also didn’t have to hear Schalk shouting for everyone to wake up in the morning anymore. Thanks Schalk, always lekker seeing you boet.
We packed up, had a nice big breakfast and bid fellow dogs farewell.
Onto the N3 and off at Cato Ridge towards the Valley of 1000 hills, unchartered territory for both of us, and were we in for a treat.
WOW!! If you have never been there, do yourself a favour and go, riding on top of the world, from one mountain peak to the next, the views are incredible.
Animals in this part of the world are also free, they are everywhere, goats, sheep, chickens, cows, the odd horse and of course the Mongoose who are always along the roads.
It was a warm morning starting around 14 degrees and went as high as 29, add to that humidty in some places and you know why KZN doesn’t know what winter is.

Like I said, breath taking views

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Forum Whore
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2015, 09:08:52 am »
nice peechars!
 :thumleft:

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2015, 09:16:23 am »
nice peechars!

The guy behind the camera is even better  :thumleft:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2015, 10:13:19 am »
i prefer yer avatar
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Forum Whore
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2015, 10:21:32 am »
nice peechars!

The guy behind the camera is even better  :thumleft:

so GBM took the shots?

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2015, 11:59:26 am »
Very little tar in these parts, but I really don’t mind, people drive a lot worse on tar,  and there is less traffic on dirt. After on short stretch of tar we turned back onto another dirt road, and we could see it go off into the distance down into the valley below, twisting and winding through the mountains, it looked simple, but after actually getting into it we decided we needed to name this pass, it has no name documented, yet, we named it Pass 666, if you think Sani pass is the business, think again, forget Sani please, go ride this one, its all gradual and windy narrow roads along the mountain side but at one point things changed and that’s where Sani came to mind, very short tight steep switchbacks starting very high up, and winding down the mountain, not to the bottom but for a long way down, with huge drops off the sides, we crawled through this section but it was awesome, GingerBreadMan should have a video of this, as soon as I can get that from him I will edit it and post it.

We made a lot of stops along this pass, I couldn’t resist, the photo opportunities were just fantastic, but the photos still don’t do it justice.

The road eventually winded all the way to the river at the bottom, across the river and back up into the mountains on the other side, it was hot here, 29 Degrees and humid.

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Wooly Bugger

• Forum Whore
  • DILLIGAF?
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2015, 12:13:56 pm »

Offline EssBee

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2015, 01:20:57 pm »
Mikie and Tristan, those roads are our local playground, we're in fact quite blasé about it.....come spend a weekend at my place, it's a mere stone's throw away. And yes, it is HOT in those valleys!!! You see what we mean about ballistic vests!!!

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2015, 01:28:22 pm »
Mikie and Tristan, those roads are our local playground, we're in fact quite blasé about it.....come spend a weekend at my place, it's a mere stone's throw away. And yes, it is HOT in those valleys!!! You see what we mean about ballistic vests!!!

I certainly see what you mean now  yes. 
Fantastic out there but its all the way north as well

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Ginger Bread Man

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2015, 01:50:35 pm »

I can honestly say, i do not think i would want to do that section of the trip during summer! you would cook!!!! i was feeling the heat by beer time!

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2015, 02:37:14 pm »
I was very thirsty again, My camel piss water wasn’t doing the trick anymore. And just then, like mannah from heaven……. Thulini Tea room popped up around the next corner, its Sunday, I don’t want tea, I darted inside, THEY HAD BEER!!!!
I promise you now, this was the best tasting beer of the whole entire trip!!!

After what felt like seconds it was gone but we felt better and it was time to ride again, next stop Kranskop. The days dirt roads were just about finished, just a short section from Thulini and it was tar from there. We had to go visit another local in the area.

Just after Kranskop the first sign came up that we were close

The sign is a little blurry, but it says “Welcome to Nkandla”
Yes we were going to visit the big cheese himself, showerhead.
Ok maybe not visit him, but at least see what this elaborate mansion teat cost R260Million or something to that effect.

We were told that you cant miss it, go through Kranskop and you will eventually see it, we rounded many bends and started wondering if it was actually somewhere near the main road, but then over a blind rise and there I saw it, a bunch of chalet looking houses all in a row, like a little resort, Thatch Chalets, “There is is!” I  said, GingerBreadMan said, “Kak, it wont be here right next to the road”
So I asked a local lady standing next to the road, where is JZ’s house, she just pointed across the road, “Right there”. I was right, this was the world famous Nkandla.

Really?? That’s it?? It really isn’t impressive at all. So we decided not to pop in for a drink with the big cheese himself.

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key