Offroad run at De Wildt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shark_za

In the end only three die hards braved the morning cold (ok JHB is a lot warmer now) to meet at Morula Sun to do some offroad riding in the best terrain Gauteng has to offer.

Ufudo was waiting for us as Leo and myself arrived, we offloaded and kitted up and were riding more or less on time.

gettingready.jpg

Down coconuts was fun, whoops heading to the unused airstrip was fun too, I nearly saw my ass going down the wrong line on a little hill, Leo had an almost when a rock kicked the front wheel out.
After a rest break I took my KDX200 for a max speed run down the runway, 118kph was the result on the GPS.

After riding along the higher speed two track we hit the three fences river, this section is awesome riding with rocks, sand and the occasional little climb out the riverbed.

Taking a break in the riverbed.
rest1.jpg

rest2.jpg

At the end of 3 fences river we stopped for some cooldrinks and chips and saw that no DS riders rode out to here. Oh well next time.

After a good rest we hit the other river again, here are some shots from one of the only places we took photos.

Ufudo going down
ufudo1.jpg

And out
ufudo2.jpg

Leo crossing
leo1.jpg

This river is also fun, following paths next to the river and crossing it occasionly, till a silly little off camber turn popped up.

Ufudo was in front, I went down this little 1-2ft high bump and my front wheel washed out. Took the impact on my shoulder and head and this was the result.
snap.jpg

Leo rode my bike through a little river crossing, and Ufudo lead us back to the tar road on some even dirt. Thanks guys.

6 weeks time we are there again, I feel like a doos for making you miss out the last river section, its really fun.