Reaquitance with an old friend - my 990R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALLAWYN

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Reaquitance with an old friend - my 990R

The last two years I rode exactly 2000km on my bike, and my 990 were standing at the Nelspruit dealership for the past 6 months. Thanks Hennie and colleagues for good work and your patience.

The two years in question was spend on my 300, riding rocks, Roof style rocks, but at least I was riding.
Friday a week ago, got a lift with a friend to Nelspruit, 300km trip from where I work and stay.

I took tar from Nelspruit to Sabie and had brunch at the Woodsman.

Just outside Sabie I took a dirt road that takes one over the Graskop Hazyview road, to the Graskop Bushbuckridge road.
A left followed shortly by a right turn, dirt road that runs parallel with Graskop’s mountains, right beneath Gods Window towards Mariepskop.
I did not revisit Mariepskop, took aright towards Klaserie, on to tar and made a stop at Hoedspruit.

At Mica I informed my exotic game breeder’s friends that I am riding on the railway service road until Gravelotte. From there short distance by tar to my business at Letsitele.

I asked my wife to take a 2 day break, away from work where we both are involved. I needed to “reset” but she where too busy with work.
This short trip with my 990 came at the right time, it was good to experience the first dirt with it on that road outside Sabie.
The Gods Window Mariepskop dirt road is one of my favorites, found my soul and sanctuary traveling solo.
The railway service road run through some of the most beautiful bushveld, with sables, kudus, roan, rhinos and the likes visible from on top of my 990.

Short but mind cleansing

Photos follow