LC Battery? Or something else wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OomD

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
While standing close to my bike this afternoon I heard a distinct relay-click. I thought it strange, the bike was last ridden yesterday so technically everything should be powered down. Listen carefully, and yes... just about every minute there's a distinct click in the vicinity of the battery.

Turned the bike on, it cranked slowly. Measured the battery, it was 11.4 volt. That's just about flat. Or very close. Strange thing is, she's never done this before (the clicking or the sudden flat battery). It's a year old, 2014 model and I now have 16000km's on the clock. I ride the bike every day, commuting to work and then weekends too.

So, should the battery die so quickly? A year seems quite soon... And, is the battery covered by warrantee? Or is there something on the bike draining the battery? The periodic relay click could off course be either the result or cause of the low battery.

I hooked up a GS911, only 1 fault code from about 1000km's ago (lambda sensor improbable value). I cleared that fault code, there are no other faults present.

Ideas, guys? I'm hoping this is not going to influence the coming trophy weekend...