3500 km for a Skaapkop...en honeymoon.. en karretjie kyk en die Arende en ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody1

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
A while ago I bought a sidecar tub in PE to be fitted to my Super Tenere.
The idea was to ask FABMAN to do the modifications and to fit it to my bike.
I would go down, sleep in Jeffreysbay (timeshare had to be used) and go into PE for a day or 2 or 3 to take measurements to fabricate what was needed.
At the same time Vaalbaas made me an offer I could not refuse. Skaapkop kou in Gouda and also trick the Visarende into believing that he bought a new bike... a FAST white one. :imaposer:
So of to the boss and with leave sorted all was set to go down to Gouda to see old friends and meet new dogs.

We left on Thursday morning from Brakpan and with not pressure made our way to Mieliefontein guest farm just before Hanover.
The worst weather I had on a bike hit us from day one.  I have not ridden in so much rain for a long time.

My wife is no biker chick.... or was before this trip..., but she was so comfortable on the back of the S-10 with her new Hepco Becker topbox with padded back rest that I never had one complain from her the entire trip.  And for somebody that is used to a Sunday morning breakfast run to sit on the back of a bike for 3500 km in rain and wind tells me that I now have a real biker chick. :thumleft:

Just before Winburg you find a small farm stall called Jakkalsdrift.... and what a treat.  Good menu, good coffee and clean toilets.  Do yourself a favor and stop there the next time you are on the N-1.

About 20km before Hanover the road to Mieliefontein Guest Farm leaves the N1 on a dirt road to the farm.  If you book in advance, then you can have a 3 cours bore tannie meal in the evening. I had ribs and tjops and bobotie... and I think there were some veggies as well. :imaposer:

Attachments

• 002 Jakkalsdrift ontbyt.jpg
    002 Jakkalsdrift ontbyt.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 916
  • 003 Mieliefontein.jpg
    003 Mieliefontein.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 902
  • 001 Skoon fiets.jpg
    001 Skoon fiets.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 921