Advice on the first things to put on a new GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danza

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi All

So after riding a 650 Dakar for the last two years, and enjoying every minute of it, I decided to take the plunge, break the bank and trade it in for a new GS.
I'm going for a "Trophy" edition - which seems to be a really good deal.

After a lot of reading up and keeping in mind that I will be flat broke after the deal is done, I have come up with a list of accesories and the makes (mostly the cheapest I could find) in order of importance. Have a look and tell me what you think - also what I should add:

Must have (ASAP):
1: Top Box (I commute and is an absolute must) - 2nd hand Trax Aluminium (I hope Paul sells me his   ;) ;) ;)
2: Crashbars - SW Motech upper and lower
3. Radiator Guards - please advise which make
4. Headlight Protector - please advise which make
5. Bungs / Slider caps - will ask my brother to lathe them out of nylon if possible - any advice?

Nice to Have (Much Later):
1. SW Motech Dakar pannier bags (Do the pannier frames offer protection when you drop the bike?)
2. Denali DX Xtreme Spot Dual Intensity LED Lighting Kit ( Expensive, but the only ones I could find that dim with the bike) Do you guys know of any other brands that can do that?)
3. SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection 12-volt Electric QUICK-LOCK EVO Sport Tankbag

Also, I have a Garmin Zumo 350 - Is there any way of mounting it in the same position as the stock BMW GPS?