Bikers Down- Western Cape - Today was not a good day !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyF

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Today was one of those days I jumped on the bike and did not feel good in the saddle - difficult to explain but sort of not in my comfort zone so I headed to work and took it easy out of Durbanville via the back road - Old Tygervalley road - did manage to have the newspaper boy run in front of me eager to give some doos at the green light his newspaper before I got to Old Tygervalley road - why cant people just pull over if they really want the paper instead of holding up all behind them - the human race is really becoming selfish and more stupid by the day !?!?! :(

They are placing a robot at the intersection where you turn off to head to the N7 or Du Noon - I hate this intersection as it is always a stuff up with people taking chances and just been generally brain dead !!!! The robots are now up but not connected so motorists are even more confused !!!!

A favourite past time here is to head down the left lane and miss the turn off and then turn into Mountain View farm and head back towards the turn off to Du Noon .......... or if you are a taxi or an arsehole you can just do a U turn after missing the turn off right there in the peak traffic !!!!!  This has happened to me twice already - I treat this stretch with caution and only open up once I am past the Mountain View Pub turn off !!!

This morning there was a biker down right at the turn off to the pub - seems he may not have noticed that the cager ahead was turning into the pub ! :(  Looked serious and felt bad and said a little prayer as I continued !!!!  Also cursed the Cape Town Traffic department because they do nothing - a blue uniformed doos doing point duty here in the morning would sort this intersection but directing traffic seems to be beneath them !!!!!

I hit the N1 coming on at the Monte Vista - dodged the frigging pedestrians from the station and made for the right hand lane - more blue lights just after the N7 intersection and another biker down - did not look to bad but still not a good thing to see ! Took it easy between the traffic as I was still feeling out of my comfort zone - moved over for most of the procession of bikes coming through at silly speeds and breathed easy as I hit the M5 !!!!

Be careful out there guys !!!  Hope the guys that came off are alright !