Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Motor Vehicle Value Lookup (cars & bikes)  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Big_Red

• Bike: Honda XR650L

Offline Vlekkie

Re: Motor Vehicle Value Lookup (cars & bikes)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 09:12:53 am »
Nice thanks!

Offline DaddyK

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 09:41:40 am »
 :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
The greatest discovery of any generation is that a human can alter his life by altering his attitude - William James

Offline Operator

• is a Forum Vendor and a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 09:44:44 am »
http://www.lum.co.za/mmlookup/

There is no guarantee or indication that the figures get updated every month.

Just ran a test now on a specific vehicle and saw that the figures are not up-to-date and it differs
from the September 2015 edition of the Auto Dealers guide.

Offline Big_Red

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 10:10:54 am »
http://www.lum.co.za/mmlookup/

There is no guarantee or indication that the figures get updated every month.

Just ran a test now on a specific vehicle and saw that the figures are not up-to-date and it differs
from the September 2015 edition of the Auto Dealers guide.
Thanks for your valued input Operator. This was the only one I could find on the net for SA. I don't think there is one anywhere that we can access with up to date figures if you're not a dealer or insurance broker. Or is there?

Offline Operator

• Forum Whore
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 10:30:38 am »
The Mead & McGrouther Auto Dealers Guide is the name of the montly publication that reflects all the latest values
and it is seen as the "bible" for the auto and insurance industry to pinpoint values of vehicles.

It is however a subscription based publication and it is not for free.
That is why no website in South Africa that publish figures will be up to date and current with values..............except
the Mead & McGrouther website.
As part of my job as insurance broker, I get access to these figures via various quotation programmes
that insurance companies offer to me to assist clients and to sell their products.

Offline Big_Red

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 10:45:26 am »
The Mead & McGrouther Auto Dealers Guide is the name of the montly publication that reflects all the latest values
and it is seen as the "bible" for the auto and insurance industry to pinpoint values of vehicles.

It is however a subscription based publication and it is not for free.
That is why no website in South Africa that publish figures will be up to date and current with values..............except
the Mead & McGrouther website.
As part of my job as insurance broker, I get access to these figures via various quotation programmes
that insurance companies offer to me to assist clients and to sell their products.

Great!
Thanks for clearing the air. Please PM me with your contact details...I'm looking for insurance

Offline Operator

• Forum Whore
  • Official Vendor
    • Vendor
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 10:54:43 am »
PM sent  :thumleft:

Offline RasMan

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 07:22:55 pm »
Old thread, but hopefully someone can assist.

I am looking for a website where I can get a value for my motorcycle.  I have searched all the reference here at Wilddog for bike value sites, and googled it extensively, but I couldn't find a free site that will give me the value of my motorcycle.

I started a company, and would like to bring my bike in as an asset so that I can claim it as a company expense.  I need something formal stating what the value is to bring it into the company.  For my car I used Zoopa.co.za, but I can't find a site for the bike.  Autotrader only gives average values of the same bike being sold, and there isn't my year model currently being sold.  It is also very unreliable, as I can advertise my bike there for R100k, and then it will say that my bike's average value is R100k.

The bike is only insured for 3rd party, so I don't have a value with the insurance.  My bike is a 2002 BMW F650GS ABS and Heated Grips, with 44 000 km on it.

Should I just contact my insurance and ask them to provide me with the current market value of my bike?  I would prefer if I can get a website that will give me the details.

Thanks in advance for your help.