7 bridges XTREME enduro/roof training 3&4Oct Lesotho Tsoelike bridge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianhogg

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki Versys
7 bridges XTREME enduro/roof  training 3&4Oct Tsoelike bridge to Shlebethebe.

This weekend I took my wife on a road bike trip through Lesotho. When we came out at Matatiele I caught up with WFO enduro riding legend Stuart Joyner in the Matatiele  country club. He had just returned from leading an enduro ride into Lesotho and had a bar full of happy, satisfied riders. His next door neighbour and riding partner is Iain McDonald. Iain lives, sleeps, thinks motorcycles.

Iain has worked out a most incredible ride that uses the 7 foot bridges that span the Tsoelike (pronounced soleakie) river from Quacha’s nek to Shlebethe/Ramatselisios gate. He envisages this event as ideal training for the roof this year. The real winner here is that the Chinese have pushed a road along the top of the gorge on both sides so that back up crew and spectators can have access and if someone comes unstuck he has a local contingent who will extract the bike to the perimeter road.  The down in the mouth bunch I met at Ramabanta on Sunday afternoon with a bike stuck in the mountains could have done with something like that! He says that the first 4 bridges are accessible to most good riders but it gets much harder and at bridge 7 he may have some helpers to hand.

Check it out at:

https://www.rockrabbits.co.za/index.php

Attachments

• BridgeNo7.jpg
    BridgeNo7.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 281