Anyone in PE willing to show me the maintenance ropes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whazzatt

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
I'm not new to bikes but I've never done the grease-work myself, not because I haven't wanted to but because everyone I've asked to teach me has either been too busy or too guarded. I'm not ever going to make money from what I learn out of this. All I want to do is learn how to do the services and maintenance, fix a flat, and generally prepare myself for the long-haul trips that I envision for a few years down the line.

I've got a KLR650 and an XR125, good candidates for me to tamper with. But I'm happy to be a handlanger and help anyone with their own bikes.

Can also exchange skills? I've been doing permaculture for a while and teaching philosophy, English, critical thinking, etc. at different points during the past 15 years. Might not be in the same category as mechanical skills but maybe someone is interested in such things...

E2a: yoga and Pilates are other things I can help out with; also taught these a while back and keep up the practice. Is one allowed to admit this on a manly-man motorbike site though?!!!

Cheers,
dave