Reading GPS without glasses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DakarDirk

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Mention was made about reading the fine print on GPS or mobile phone Google Maps in another thread for older riders who need reading glasses but don't/can'twon't wear them under a helmet.
My Airoh fits pretty tight on my temples and it does have a dark flip up visor for the sun, so I don't need sunglasses when riding and my multifocals won't fit inside the helmet.
So on my last trip where we needed a GPS, I got some stick on reading lenses and attached it (well one only) to the inside of my clear visor to read the fine print.
What a pleasure !

BCCE501C-73BB-456C-B0CF-A14A880E8BAE.jpg

The set retail for R350 but I got it for R120 at Specsavers. If your branch does not have, they can get it for you quick.
One tip though, the contour of the visor was not the same as the contour of the plastic lens. So the lens lifted up after sticking it with water.
Plan B is to put the lens in a bit of very hot (boiled) water for a short while and then stick it and hold for a while to adhere.
The lenses are re-usable and works well.
I read with about +2.25 at close range but he +1.25 lens worked perfect at the distance to the GPS and instrument panel.

6FC0B756-7B74-4B4E-824B-8F0DF45F174B.jpg