3000km(now 2000) To the 2015 Nat Bash via the Eastern Cape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SchalkL

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Ok, lets see if i can do a small RR on this flippen Ipad while on my way to the Bash.
The plan is to follow this route sort of. Grondpad alliepad behalwe as ek gatvol raak
Start and end will be River Destiny since I cheated again and stoetie'd up to there
(I need my rooftop at the bash sodat Draad nie in my tent kan inkom nie )  :mad:

EDIT:
After meeting HtB (see below) i did some tar twisties with him and our way departed at Middelburg from where I decided to aim straight for Addo and skip the Transkei bit

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-13%20at%2018.37.36.png

Ready to go
IMG_0350.JPG

Gues who showed up at the Engen at Bloem ? Ons eie Jan Spies van motorcycle ride reports, the one and only Harry the Buffalo. Ek sien hom dalk vannaand so sal update more oor wat die legend deesdae doen.
IMG_0359.JPG

Ok, lyk my eks eerste hier  :p
IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

Die omgewing is baie droog en vaal maar RDest is pragtig. Hulle het baie water uit die rivier en gebruik dit mildelik. (Wish I could plant a few pecannut trees here....)
IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

Hierdie hoender met n paar pelle loop hier buitekant rond so watch out, hulle is blykbaar baie anti-Bmw.
IMG_0360.JPG

Droog maar mooi
IMG_0363.JPG

On my way to meet Dave (Harry) at Greendoors.
IMG_0365.JPG

A quick turnoff next to the railwaybridge over the river got me to a bit of a dead end. Nie eers n 690 gaan hier oorkom nie. Vorentoe, agtertoe, hyg stoot en vloek oor ek so dik is en whalla, daar gat ek weer. Now for that zamalek.

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG

Me, Dave, Jakkals&Bolf en Klippies had some pork chops the size of Saartjie Baardmans ass and discussed the meaning of life and showed each other pictures of our Rotweilers. Ok ons ry more saam Middelburg toe dan sal ek n kiekkie gooi.

Playing with my breakfist this morning
IMG_0374.JPG

To be Continued soon.......