Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: KTM 690 Bling  (Read 2204 times)

Offline KTM BIGGER

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • SAB Goblin 700
    • http://www.goblinhobbies.co.za/
Re: KTM 690 Bling
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2008, 12:24:15 pm »
Now fitted and what a difference it makes.

Offline boosted gp

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 02:14:29 pm »
Where did you get the steering damper mount and post from.

awesome bike!! :thumleft:

Mike
All Advice given without Prejudice. Boosted Performance, and any of its employees will not be held Liable for any damages or loss in any manner or form whatsoever. All parts sold carry manufacturers warranty and are intended for RACE use only

Offline KtmMick

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 12:56:35 pm »
Hi I know both Justin and Jason from Gear4 personally myself coming from the UK and a nicer pair of guys you will never meet.

Nothing is to much trouble and there's always a cup of coffee there for you.

I have not had to order anything yet but when I do they will be the ones I go to, I went into a local (to Jo'burg) KTM dealer and was told if I wanted to order they could get it in 2-3 weeks.

Bet they can beat that even if it has to come from Austria, they are one of the best around that area and reasonably priced.

That bike looks completely different with the Akros in my opinion and that Skid plate is very nicely finished, not sure I would go to the expense of a steering damper.

Unless you do a lot of fast road work, not an expert so forgive me if I am wrong does it make it easier to control in rough going?

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
    • A Stone's Throw Bed & Breakfast
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 06:30:46 am »
Damper is a godsend on the SE! Had it on the WR450 previously,so just needed a new tower!
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline KTM BIGGER

• SAB Goblin 700
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 08:40:56 am »
Where did you get the steering damper mount and post from.

awesome bike!! :thumleft:

Mike

just sent you a pm.

Offline KTM BIGGER

• SAB Goblin 700
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 08:43:40 am »
Hi I know both Justin and Jason from Gear4 personally myself coming from the UK and a nicer pair of guys you will never meet.

Nothing is to much trouble and there's always a cup of coffee there for you.

I have not had to order anything yet but when I do they will be the ones I go to, I went into a local (to Jo'burg) KTM dealer and was told if I wanted to order they could get it in 2-3 weeks.

Bet they can beat that even if it has to come from Austria, they are one of the best around that area and reasonably priced.

That bike looks completely different with the Akros in my opinion and that Skid plate is very nicely finished, not sure I would go to the expense of a steering damper.

Unless you do a lot of fast road work, not an expert so forgive me if I am wrong does it make it easier to control in rough going?

I strongly recommend a damper for this bike. But different strokes for different folks.

Offline Stev0

• Bikeloos...
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • dot dot dot
    • Adventure Magazine
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 08:57:06 am »
Damper is a godsend on the SE! Had it on the WR450 previously,so just needed a new tower!

Sorry to Hijack..

How does your SE compare to the WR in the knarly stuff?