Short trip to Grahamstown on the KTM 1190

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thump

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
So last Saturday I got my new babe, she went back on Monday for the 1000km service so we went to visit friends on a farm near Grahamstown this weekend.

We left PE at 3PM on Friday and drove through with a slight detour through Shamwari.

The bike really came to the for on the dirt, proving to be very maneuverable when dodging potholes from recent rains.

We saw quite a few buck in Shamwari, but only 2 giraffe and no elephants and rhinos this time.

As we came out the clouds got rather black and it looked like rain, so we headed back to the tar and carried on, luckily without any further rain.

I'd bought a rain suit for my pillion, but left mine behind, LOL

We got to the farm, said our hello's then they took us for a walk to see the bloukrans river which flows through it.

I was pleased to note they'd taken the effort to grow some shade for the Lady.

There is a fair amount of land you could use as a campsite, but as I said to them, If I owned it, it would be very private, hehe.

So we had a good evening, then in the morning road into GHT for a breakfast at Madhatters.
(We first went to one across the road, but left after they couldn't figure out how to make a double late')

I road around and went to see the house I lived in there in 1991, driving past settlers hospital where my son Owen was born.
Seeing the condition of my old house was quite sad. won't be doing that again. Eish.

Then we road back along the Belmont Valley road a bit before turning around and going back by tar.

Beautiful oak tree outside the Madhatter

the panoramic Belmont Valley.

everything was a lively green after all the rain they've been having.

having a sexy pillion makes waiting for gates to be opened more fun.

We road to a lookout point later in the day and had a few whiskeys before a bakkie ride around the farm.

The Japs then gave more meaning to the amount of whiskey we'd had. Eish.

So I diluted it with beer.

The next morning we explored the river a bit more before driving to Bathurst for lunch.

The ride back was via Boknes and the dirt road from cannon rocks to Alexandria, along the seaside.

I always enjoy the forests road.

Then a quick tar road to nanaga, then home

This bike is amazing whatever the surface, and my pillion Lizanne, just loves it as well, what ever the surface or the speed I ride.
she even lets out a whoooop!! when we get air or do water crossings.
It adds so much to the experience of my ride knowing she's having a jol on the back as well.  :biggrin: