Cut-out issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biza

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I recently experienced an ignition cut-out. Whilst riding hard up Longtom the bike cut out in a corner which almost resulted me to come off. I stopped and the bike idled infrequently high and then low and couldn't rev.
After switching off I managed to start the bike again and continued only to have the same issue a few kilometres on.
I stopped counting at 100 times from Longtom to Pretoria.
The bike went in to Zambesi Motorrad and it was found that the Throttle sensor and the Quickshifter were faulty. Both were replaced.
After approximately 400km the same problem occurred whilst riding in traffic, this almost resulted in a collision from behind.

The bike went back and Thomas was very helpful. Nothing wrong could be found and they decided to update the mapping.

After another 600km the same problem occurred again, this time it happened after riding at high speed around 200 km/h and it occurred 7 times in a distance of around 15km.

This is endangering ones life......... has anyone else experienced something similar?