Be very careful of scamsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacquedup

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
Hi Guys,

I posted on Gumtree, OLX and Junkmail that I am looking for a KX500. I got a message this morning from a Afrikaans lady saying they have one that they want to sell. She sent me photos and I phoned her back and spoke to her husband (Sounded like a elderly guy and he told me he is 61). I am also Afrikaans and I am extremely pissed off that our own people are doing this to us.. it is pathetic and very sad.

a few alarm bells:

1. Way under priced R5000 and no issues on the bike  ???
2. They are in Potgietersrus and have a truck coming to Centurion and can bring the bike with (Very convenient)  ;)
3. They say the bike is in a store room on a farm, so I asked why the pictures are on a business premises, and the reply was that it is their store room (Wish I had a store room like that)

I said I will pay cash when it gets here or will collect and pay cash there, then the stories started. No I have to do a cash send to a cell number. And I refused, then ok, You can pay half cash send and the rest cash on delivery.

When I said no, I will rather drive through. The guy got a bit upset and said, "Ek is nie n skelm nie, en ek gaan dan eerder die bike aan iemand anders verkoop"

So this is just a warning to always remember, the most trusting sounding people are often the biggest skelms...

Attachments

• kwasaki(3).jpg
    kwasaki(3).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 980
  • kwasaki(4).jpg
    kwasaki(4).jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 947
  • kwasaki(10).jpg
    kwasaki(10).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 970
  • kwasaki(11).jpg
    kwasaki(11).jpg