Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TDT finds the "end" of the road in the Karoo & ended with a life-lesson!!!  (Read 5984 times)

Offline HAMSTER

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
ChrisL,nou het jy die spyker op sy kop geslaan.Hannes, ek is nou so lus vi ry,ek gaan sommer nou :ricky:

Online XRRX

ChrisL,nou het jy die spyker op sy kop geslaan.Hannes, ek is nou so lus vi ry,ek gaan sommer nou :ricky:

:lol8: Geniet!!!

Hierdie RR laat my gat jeuk :biggrin:

Ek sien daai Truimph het n geologiese handbriek :deal: ;)

:imaposer: Se ma liewer niks nie ...  :peepwall:

Lekker man,gooi die res.

:thumleft:
Moet ongelukkig werk ook vandag ...  :'(

Van waneer af doen jy daai ding ?  :patch:

Hou op verskonings uit dink en gooi kiekies.  :deal: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Hoor wie praat!!!  O0

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Don't want to hijack the report, but for music and sport, I carry a bluetooth speaker which works from my phone, it is a 50mm cube and works a treat.  8)
Putting the Drunken Pagan Debauchery back into Christmas.

Online XRRX

Don't want to hijack the report, but for music and sport, I carry a bluetooth speaker which works from my phone, it is a 50mm cube and works a treat.  8)

Very good advice!  :thumleft:

Day 3 see us leaving for Wuppertal on the 4x4 route - but it is actually a non-event - not at all bad!!  :thumleft:
But before we left, the hospitable Gerhard first served us with a hearty breakfast  and coffee; and 10l fuel each - Thanks Gerhard !!!  :thumleft: :thumleft:
This route rewards you with a great ride and even better views!!! In Wuppertal we took a few pics, and enjoyed some Lays and SteriStumpie ...  ::)

Then it was of to Clanwilliam, turning left on the tar at the Englishman's grave - after more or less 40k's of gravel. a Bit later we stopped at Leipoldt's grave - quite an experience and what a lovely & peaceful place in the mountains to find your final resting place!!
In Clanwilliam we stocked up supplies and fuel. From here we took the gravel past Clanwilliam Dam to Citrusdal. We turned onto the tar halfway - the plan was to sleep at Gecko Backpackers - but it is no more unfortunately! At Citrusdal we went to the Bath's first, but it was fully booked. After quite an exhaustive search, we found a camping spot eventually at the Caravan Park. Now that is a very very nice place, well managed by a friendly guy called "Apple",  complete with great swimming pool and clean ablution!!  :thumleft:
Apple even provided some KWV 5yr welcome drinks, and we had a great braai - except for some food landing on the grass - by pure accident ...  :peepwall:
Quite a remember able evening!!  :biggrin:

Online XRRX

More from Day3...

Online XRRX

Day 3 ... a bit trigger happy yes ...  :-[

Online XRRX

Day 3 ...  :biggrin:

Online XRRX

Wuppertal - Clanwilliam ...

Offline Jakkals

• Grey hound
  • I never get lost, I only discover new roads
Kyk, ek ken die ou kerel, hoekom kry ek die idee hy wou / het weer k@k aan gejaag hier.  :deal: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Remember that hapiness is a way of travel - not a destination.

Online XRRX

The graves ...

Online XRRX

Kyk, ek ken die ou kerel, hoekom kry ek die idee hy wou / het weer k@k aan gejaag hier.  :deal: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Nee - hy's net mal oor katte ...  ::)

Clanwilliam - Citrusdal ...

Online XRRX

:peepwall: .

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
Ai dis darem maar te lekker.
Ek het al gevra en ek sal weer vra.... soek my 'n job daar naby julle... ek wil ook saamry.   :ricky:

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
Nee kyk die manne het cuisinesmaak, plat hoender oppie kole :drif:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Online Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha XT500
Lekker! The most beautiful roads around. What's not to like?

Offline Warren Ellwood

Very nice report and pictures to go with it.

Always a nice place to be the Cederberg, its like you can never get enough.

"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Online XRRX

Ai dis darem maar te lekker.
Ek het al gevra en ek sal weer vra.... soek my 'n job daar naby julle... ek wil ook saamry.   :ricky:

:thumleft: :lol8:
Ongelukkig woon Jakkals ook hier ...  ::)

Nee kyk die manne het cuisinesmaak, plat hoender oppie kole :drif:

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Lekker! The most beautiful roads around. What's not to like?

Thx  :thumleft:

Very nice report and pictures to go with it.

Always a nice place to be the Cederberg, its like you can never get enough.

Thx - yes, wish we could stay there longer !  :thumleft:

Offline shanti

• Race Dog
  • rest stop moon
    • derek saul
great photos , I love the Cape especially having your starting point as the garden route .
I have a soft spot for DR's - love seeing them out there on dirt .

Online XRRX

great photos , I love the Cape especially having your starting point as the garden route . 
I have a soft spot for DR's - love seeing them out there on dirt .

:thumleft:

Day 4 started off by trying to get everything sort off "wind-dry" ... As a bottle of Berry juice lost its cap inside my back-pack the previous day - almost everything was sticky from being soaked in juice ...  :xxbah: Subsequently I jumped into the pool the previous day wearing everything except helmet; boots and gloves ...  ::)
So, after this ordeal, packed and ready to go - we first had a good breakfast at a coffee shop in the main road of Citrusdal ...
We headed for "Op die Berg". The first part of the route is a mix between tar and gravel corrugations - I belief this is where corrugations were born originally!!!  :eek7: a Beautiful scenic route nevertheless ... At Op die Berg we re-fuelled and I bought us each a 660ml Castle Lite at the first drive-thru bottle store I've ever seen!!  :thumleft: O0
From here we went back over Katbakkies Pass on our way now to Sutherland. Stopped at Tankwa Farmstall - what a nice place - thanks to everybody here that has made a contribution in rebuilding it after the fire!!!  :thumleft: Now armed with some "Fire Starter"  :biggrin: , we headed for Sutherland via OubergPass in the heat of the day ... Apparently Skolla almost invested in some land close to the Tankwa Reserve - almost beaten by a mix of corrugations, fine gravel and rock-hard tyres ...  :pot:
In Sutherland - after a well deserved cold one - we had a mission again to find accommodation! Sutherland and value for money doesn't mix well ...  :xxbah:
The Withuis where we usually stay, was infested with some "windgat" bikers doing wheelies in the main road on a 1190 ...  :( - again making bikers look like hooligans ...  :patch:
Eventually we found a self-catering house; restaurant and pub - but no more detail about that - as I have very little "good" to say about any ...
Nevertheless - Sutherland is a beautiful peaceful town - just a bit over-rated and over-prized ...

Online XRRX

Day 4 continue ...