Father , Daughter, Son Ride 10/11th Oct. 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
What an awesome Experience !

My little daughter had such an ausome time and she rides as pillion so well.
Two taps on the leg , " Stand for the Sand" or the bumpy road , she has that part Waxed !

Although we only ended up with two children , Shaheed1200 and myself ,
we also had Natilie and her big Kid Warren( Husband)  and   
Megan and her kid , Henk ( Husband )

The weather was perfect , the rain stayed away , and after a hearty breakfast at the Wimpy , we were off on the way to Ceres, Padstal Die Mond
Having an 11 yr old on the back of your bike comes with more stops ( to make sure) they dont fall asleep) or get board.

But the ride went fine and we took our time.

In Ceres after refueling we hit the Spar for  Food , and Sweets(padkos for kids lol)..

En Route to the Padstal, we stopped to take in the beautiful purple flowers either side of the R355, Where Shaheed entertained us , while he test drove a Prehistoric , Stone-age GS and shared his experience with us

We stopped at Padstal for Lunch , Burgers , Coffee and Coocksisters.
After Amber had checked out the shop and found the black nigger balls , we were off.

The R355 wasnt too bad in cond.
Once we turned off the R355 en route Die Mond , Id hoped we would see some Antelope which I normally do , but alas non were to be seen.
"Die Mond" had quite a few families with children there , for the schools holidays,
And quite a few more Bass fisherman too.
We got a site right next to the river , lush green grass and a lekker braai spot, and nice and close to hot water showers and the loo.

We put our children to the task of getting the tents up and unpacking , then it was ,
Dad , lets go to see Bushman Paintings , which ended up in a long walk up the river banks . between the high cliffs.

Ending up with some jumping into the river and swimming back down the last km .