2014 690R Wings - remap ECU or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xpat

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
I have ordered Wings pipe for my 2014 690R and am trying to figure out if I should get new map loaded (RAD does it) or not.

I will be using it with both DB killers in and I know that remap is not required - just the 15 minute idle adjustment. But I'm still interested if it may be worth doing the remap, seeing that its available and reading some of the comments about better power characteristics (here: https://old-advrider.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=952180&page=2. I'm not looking after more power at the top from 5000 up as the bikes has more than enough power there. But it feels a bit sketchy up to 5000rpm, where there is very noticeable pick-up in power, as if the bike runs lean up to that rpm and then richens considerably. I would prefer more linear power characteristics and more meaty mid-range. I have ridden Dwerg's bike and it felt like it has broader range of usable rpm and felt significantly more sure-footed from about 3500 up.

Has anybody here ridden the 2014-15 model with Akra or Wings (they are basically the same as far as I was able to establish, both of them product of Mr Akrapovic) both without and with new map and have you seen any signifiant difference?

Ta