17 May 2008 Helshoogte

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bus

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
So we got together at the Vigin Active parking lot in Durbanville at 8am.

It was just myself, Superten and my mate Dewald (soon to be WD)

Bus -  DRZ
Dewald â?? 1200Gs
Superten â?? Super Tenere 750

And we popped Superten and Dewaldâ??s dirt cherries on the dayâ?¦

Superten, dude, that bike looks bitching man!!! Specially with the Lucky Strike paint job.

There are quite a few dogs who are very much in love with Super Tenereâ??s regardless off its dressâ?¦

IMGP1947.jpg

IMGP1948.jpg

Anyways, we took the back roads thru Durbanville to Stellies.

Rode up Helshoogte in search of a place to have a brekkie.

Finally decided on Hillcrest berry orchard (or something)

Lekker place for breakfast, especially the view.

IMGP1949.jpg

IMGP1950.jpg

IMGP1951.jpg

Operator joined us as he had other early commitments (I think it was babbalas from Friday night at Krigeâ??s)  >:D

We then went into Pniel  ;D (I always have a chuckle at that name) to get some drinks for the road

IMGP1952.jpg

IMGP1953.jpg

IMGP1954.jpg

We went back down the pass towards Stellies and slipped through a gap in the concrete barriers onto the old pass.

We then took the little dirt road up to the left (The one that Eisbein suggested) and did a loop around the hill.

Then went down to the dam (Dunno the name).
IMGP1957.jpg

IMGP1956.jpg

The sign said nothing about bikes, just thisâ?¦
IMGP1955.jpg

Nevertheless, rode over the dam wall and up the Bosbou roads. Followed the contours and just kept going to see where we end up.
I really wanted to get to the bottom of the dam wall where Eisbein took some snaps.

Then we came to a very wet and soggy mud section. The Bosbou machines and tractors really left a sloshy mess for us to get through.
IMGP1960.jpg

I went first with no problems. Just kept my momentum going. Then Operator came slipping and sliding through. The more road focused tyre on the Djebel made it harder work than what it should be.
IMGP1958.jpg

Then Superten on the Tenereâ?¦ This was more interestingâ?¦ All that weight does not go well with mud.
IMGP1959.jpg

He very nearly made it through, but just couldnâ??t get enough traction. Right at the end he gassed it too much and the rear came around on him. A split second later and he was holding the Tenere at 45 degrees on one leg and slippingâ?¦ An amazing save, but I ran over just to help him get it vertical again. Sorry, therefore no picâ?¦

Then Dewald came through on the GS and the road biased tyre also had a tough time, but he got through with a bit of paddling and a nudge from behind.

Respect, gentemen. The big bikes really are a handful in the mud!!!

Then rode to the top of the dam wall that I mentioned earlier and stopped for some kark talking and refreshments.
IMGP1961.jpg

IMGP1962.jpg

IMGP1963.jpg

IMGP1964.jpg

IMGP1965.jpg

IMGP1966.jpg

Then rode down to the bottom of the dam wall for some more lekker pics
IMGP1967.jpg

IMGP1968.jpg

Operator doing the Johnny Bravo pose...
IMGP1971.jpg

This is one see-ree-huss-ly good looking machineâ?¦
IMGP1972.jpg

Some more snaps
IMGP1973.jpg

IMGP1974.jpg

IMGP1975.jpg

The 4 idjitsâ?¦
IMGP1977.jpg

Then we rode out at the bottom of the old pass and back home in time for the rugga.

I feel really sorry for the Stormpies, but Im glad my team is through to the semiâ??s!!!

So a quick Sat morning ride and right in our backyards almost.

Thanks to Eisbein and Droffarc for planting this little seed. Pity you okes didnâ??t come along. Next timeâ?¦ En Eisbein, ek het baie mooi geryâ?¦  :angel9:

Also, to Litoâ?¦ Sorry dude, never got round to that impossible photo spot of yours. Maybe you should take me up there next time?

Here is a pic of Dewald, the soon-to-be Wild Dog, with his GS lekker dirty.
IMGP1978.jpg