Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Husqvarna Launches the New 701 Enduro Model  (Read 16745 times)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
Husqvarna Launches the New 701 Enduro Model
« on: October 27, 2015, 05:24:20 pm »
701 ENDURO HIGHLIGHTS

Ergonomically designed, innovative bodywork.

67 hp single-cylinder engine featuring latest technologies in design and electronics.

Chromium-molybdenum trellis frame optimised for precise handling and total rider confidence.

Competition-level WP 4CS fork and WP rear shock for outstanding control and adjustability.

Extremely low-weight aluminium swingarm designed to ensure the highest levels of traction and stability.

Polyamide self-supporting rear subframe with integrated 13-litre fuel tank.

Keihin 46mm electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle actuation for impeccable response.

Switchable engine maps to perfectly adapt engine characteristics according to conditions.

Cutting-edge switchable ABS with specific offroad mode.

APTC slipper clutch for maximum control under hard braking.

Extensive range of Accessories to further enhance the bike’s characteristics and performance.

Specific (optional) engine map that limits power making the 701 ENDURO A2-legal (EU).

I could seriously consider one later when my 610 TE is done --
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
Re: Husqvarna Launches the New 701 Enduro Model
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 05:26:10 pm »
Some more info---

Husqvarna Motorcycles, the brand with a hugely successful tradition in offroad, is taking a major step into the dual-purpose and mid-size adventure bike market with the launch of the new 701 ENDURO model.
Utilising its vast knowledge of offroad competition bikes, Husqvarna Motorcycles returns to the street dual sport segment with the 701 ENDURO – continuing the brand’s more than 100-year heritage in all motorcycle divisions.
Faithfull to the iconic brand’s core values, the 701 ENDURO is a machine built from the ground up to lead in terms of power, weight, technology and performance. Combining state-of-the-art equipment with unique bodywork, it offers functional Swedish-inspired design.
Bred from decades of enduro world championship-winning success the 701 ENDURO has the ability to master both urban environments and demanding offroad terrain with equal composure, ensuring impressive levels of versatility.
Featuring class-leading technology the 690 cc engine, which produces 67 hp, has a double spark plug ignition, selectable engine maps and ride-by-wire throttle, which combined provides a perfectly linear power delivery. With its crisp throttle response the engine allows riders of all levels to confidently tackle both their next offroad adventure as well as the daily commute aboard the 701 ENDURO.
Reliability, durability and efficiency are guaranteed by high-tech applications such as the active crankcase evacuation and the forced lubrication system, which reduce oil friction and pump losses. The adoption of these innovative solutions brings long 10,000 km service intervals and extremely low fuel consumption.
The 701 Enduro has innovative bodywork featuring a long seat that reaches over the radiator shrouds with functional ribbing to improve grip in all conditions. The in-mould graphics on the subframe protect the integrated fuel tank while also ensuring an elegant look to the rear of the bike. Tightly wrapped around the engine and frame, the 701’s bodywork is ergonomically designed to connect the rider’s body to the bike.
Made of high-grade chromium-molybdenum steel the 701 ENDURO’s lightweight trellis frame has been developed to offer optimum feedback for both on road and offroad use. Combining a perfect weight distribution with a tight turning circle the trellis frame harnesses the power of the single-cylinder engine, guaranteeing flawless agility and stability in all kinds of riding conditions.
WP Performance has tuned the closed-cartridge 4CS forks specifically for the 701 ENDURO, which find their perfect match in the fully-adjustable WP rear shock. For perfect all-terrain riding capabilities both front and rear suspension offer 275 mm of travel.
A super lightweight die-cast aluminium swingarm matches with the self-supporting polyamide rear subframe to further enhance the bike’s astounding power-to-weight ratio. For optimal weight distribution, and long ride peace of mind, a 13-litre fuel tank is integrated into the subframe. A set of anodised CNC machined triple clamps with precisely engineered flex adds to the 701 ENDURO’s extensive list of superior quality components.
The advanced ABS system with offroad specific settings, Brembo brakes and the hydraulically operated slipper clutch guarantee total control in all conditions. The 701 ENDURO comes with high-quality black DID rims as standard, fitted with tried and tested Continental TKC 80 tyres on the 21’’ (front) and 18’’ (rear) wheels.
With the specific A2 engine map that limits power to 30kW, the 701 ENDURO can be ridden by A2 licence holders (dependant on country regulation outside EU) hoping to become true world travelers.
An extensive range of specially developed Husqvarna Motorcycles’ Accessories further improves the 701 ENDURO’s formidable capabilities. Premium quality enhancements to style and performance allow riders to tailor the 701 ENDURO to their specific needs. Additionally, within its Clothing range Husqvarna offers purposely designed clothing for 701 riders.
The Husqvarna 701 ENDURO will be available from November 2015 (February 2016 in the US and Canada) at authorised Husqvarna Motorcycles  Dealers.
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
Current Scooters --

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 05:42:27 pm »
Video link --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh88exSsQ-g&feature=youtu.be

what a twatwaffle  :peepwall:

who puts his helmet on when you are still inside the house ???

and he meerkats more than your avg bmw rider  :pot:

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • President T7 fanclub
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 05:44:35 pm »
Wow I like it, though the new bike will be a SM only but I see we have an evolution of the 690 to a degree. My next bike ..... one day  :biggrin:
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline 2wdrift

• Bike: Honda XR650R
  • KLR Flip...
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 05:45:19 pm »
It does look a lot like a 690. Not that it is a bad thing of course.
XR650R the one and only
Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls.  ~Stirling Moss

Don't worry my stutter is also bilingual...

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • President T7 fanclub
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 05:48:02 pm »
I'm just glad they made a light bike with 21/18 wheels, proper off road weapon. No where did I put my lotto ticket  :biggrin:
Little by little, one travels far

J.R.R Tolkien
Ride reports :
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=134175.0 Penge's pass and the Old Forest http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=9421.0 - Orange Atlantic adventure http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=7514.0 - 805 km day trip http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=20260.0 - East Cape Bash http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=70199.0 - Two KTM thumpers head north

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 06:10:09 pm »
I'm just glad they made a light bike with 21/18 wheels, proper off road weapon. No where did I put my lotto ticket  :biggrin:

Best kept secret --Also thought the SM was the only bike they were bringing out. Looks like they are listening to what the people want--

Nice torque on that pony --Going to be popular with the DS guys --stand sit what ever you going to do on it its going to leave a smile on your face --

Got some serious suspension going for it --Lets see --

Let me go buy a Lotto ticket  ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline wolf skaap

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 07:12:44 pm »
Meh, more of the same, only in white.

Lots of sales drivel with no mention of a fixed airbox or proper gear ratios
Everything that guy did on the 701, he could do better on a 10 year old 525.

Hell, the 525 has a much taller 6th gear, much better fuel consumption and the motor lasts pretty much just as long.
 :dousing:

Did I mention that you can buy 4 X 525's for the price of one 701?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 07:16:01 pm by wolf skaap »
Let the good times roll!

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 08:09:03 pm »
Hmmm --I think I would rather wait and see when it comes out and get a test ride to decide for myself  ;)

Would rather have one new bike than 4 ten year old bikes that adds up to 40 years of metal fatigue --Do they still make fuel for the 525  :peepwall:
To each his own --I ride what I like and as for the rest trying to tell me the one is better than the other --That's a opinion that each and every person is entitled to.
My days of riding highly strung bikes are over. I prefer a dirt bike that can also do some bitumen and be capable on dirt. No need for a race bike imho.

Time will tell. Nothing out there at the moment that even remotely catches my attention.
I have sold nearly all my bikes and only kept one 610TE and my Hyper motard Aprilia 750cc
That's more than enough for me ---for now. 
Current Scooters --

Offline wolf skaap

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 08:18:08 pm »
Do they still make fuel for the 525  :peepwall:
:imaposer:

Thing is that without tall screens or really a rally kit, the 690 is not much better at bitumen than a dirtbike.
In stock form, the 690/710 is the king of, well, nothing.

They should really have turned it into a 640 replacement, that way it would be the best lightweight, long distance adventure bike. --something many people are after.

Until then, the pragmatic will probably resort to dirtbikes that are better at being dirtbikes or adventure bikes that are better at.. you get my point.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 08:19:57 pm by wolf skaap »
Let the good times roll!

Online Renrew

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Fcuk’em
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 08:28:26 pm »
275mm travel is quite a bit more than the 2015 690 - Should make a very big difference in handling.

Wonder when this would be here and how to get hold of one... Very keen to get it :ricky:
Kraftfahrzeuge Trunkenpolz Mattighofen
KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 950R Super Enduro_0km ;)
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 08:32:46 pm »
Do they still make fuel for the 525  :peepwall:
:imaposer:

Thing is that without tall screens or really a rally kit, the 690 is not much better at bitumen than a dirtbike.
In stock form, the 690/710 is the king of, well, nothing.

They should really have turned it into a 640 replacement, that way it would be the best lightweight, long distance adventure bike. --something many people are after.

Until then, the pragmatic will probably resort to dirtbikes that are better at being dirtbikes or adventure bikes that are better at.. you get my point.

I get your point WS--- Same as my 610 TE ( 575cc) not great at anything but the best --all round bike for me that is. I doubt that we will ever get what we want with bean counters .
Bikes that could have been winners if development just carried on.
640KTM as you mentioned
XR650R
Husky 610 TE
Yamaha 660 tenere
But alas just as they start getting things right development stops and they start all over again--I Do however like the 450 CCM but unless I have ridden it I cant judge or give a fair comment. ( Doubt they would ever come to SA)

Think maybe that's why I stick to what I know and have.  
Current Scooters --

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 08:57:51 pm »
Sooo.... A white and blue ktm 690 then?
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 09:38:07 pm »
A slightly up-spec'ed 690?

Wonder what the low down torque is like or whether its all mostly designed for  top end power like the 690?

At least they are still  producing something in this class  :thumleft:

Not a bike for everyone, but its the sort of bike I like!
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline katana

• I may be cheap, but I am not a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Born again 1/7/2020
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 09:44:57 pm »
Nice bike.  The video reminds me of the first mission impossible movie...  The bike has no headlight at 1:01.  I suppose it is the thought that counts.  I wonder how many types of tires they used for the different sections.
If you want to haul ass, you gotta mix gas.

Offline Tom van Brits

Re:
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 10:51:28 pm »
Wow.....this is something to look forward to.....now i need to choose the winning numbera cause quick pick does not work

Sent from my SM-J110F using Tapatalk

Offline Dirt Junkie

• I talk less and ride more than a
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 06:34:04 am by Dirt Junkie »
2003 KTM 640 adv,  Aprilia RS 250, Yamaha YZ450F, 2014 KTM 690, 2010 KTM 690R, 2011 BMW F800GS, Yamaha XT600E , 2012 KTM 250 SX-F , KTM 400 EXC, Kawasaki  KLR650, Honda 125 estorm, 2012 KTM 300 XCW, 2008 KTM 690, 2006 BMW G650Xchallenge

Current:  2006 KTM 640 Adv, 1979 Suzuki SB200

Offline chopperpilot

• Afrikaans...Dis my taal! Engels...Dit verstaan ek ook!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • "Jack of all Trades... Master of Some."
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2015, 06:42:51 am »
Looks are nicer than the KTM for me, although I'm a KTM fan, with a 990 in the garage!

I see the suspension travel is 275mm, both front and rear.

Google mentiones 250mm travel for the 690R. Is this correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Current Bikes : KTM 990 R, KTM 500 XCW

End of an Era : Suzuki DR 650 SE, Husqvarna 610 TE

Offline Bensien

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2015, 06:44:32 am »
Sooo.... A white and blue ktm 690 then?

Unless it is based on a still to be released 2016 690, there are a lot of differences. The frame is different in both construction and geometry,  as is the bodywork.  The only things that I can see that are similar are the engine and wheels
Why do things that only happen to stupid people always happen to me?