10 basic rules/courtesies to apply when going riding on your adventure bikes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riaanrw

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
Just 10.   :thumleft:

I don't even want to call it rules as it is not a must but a courtesy to others.  

I have the privilege to meet many farmers and people all over the country that regularly encounter riders on or near their place of residence. Almost all have told me of bad encounters with bikes. This has me thinking that maybe we should put together a short list, just the most important things that would make riding pleasant for all of us when we encounter fellow riders and non-riders.

Yes I know this subject has been posted before. But bear with me please and give your opinions on what is good rider courtesy.

I have someone that wants to print these ten points on a buff. The buffs will then be distributed among riders at events. I am hoping that even more people that do t-shirts and buffs for events will follow suit and print these points to remind us of our responsibility to others around us.

I will update the first post as you guys give suggestions till we have 10 rules.

1. When riding through/passed a farmyard do so as if you live in the house.
2. Be friendly and greet the farmer, or wave, that's a sign of acknowledgement and respect.
3. Leave the gate as you found it
4. Cut down on noise close to animals
5. Take special care when you pass a vehicle on a dirt road. Today's powerful D/S bikes can throw roost without you even realizing it.
6. Slow down before pedestrians/cyclists.
7. Leave behind tracks only, no litter, no damage, nothing out of place.
8. Always carry your own bike spares/puncture repair and medical kit for your needs or mishaps.
9. When group riding, wait for the rider behind you at every intersection.
10. Always make sure everyone is safely home after a out ride.

Good advice to fellow riders.  ;D

1. Do not get caught pomping the farmers daughters