Dear Doos Biker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave85

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Dear Doos Biker,

It was great to meet you this morning in traffic. It's nice to know you're part of the biker fraternity!
My experience thus far, and admittedly it's limited, has been great. I smile and wave and nod at every other biker, at every intersection. I feel like I've joined an elite club of gentlemen.
That is, until I met you.

Well, to say they broke the mold on you, is putting it mildly.
I'm sorry I don't lane split at 140km/h, but I do crack on. I'm also sorry that the handlebars on my Dakar were just about to take off the wing-mirrors of two cars in close proximity to each other, and as a result I slowed down to navigate between them. I'm sure you were grateful when they made room for you after I passed. And how wonderful to hear that your grandfather can lane split faster than me. That is quite a feat for a man of his age. Did you know that revving the engine on your bike has absolutely no effect on anyone or anything (apart from your bike of course, and maybe your testicles tingle as the bike vibrates)?

Anyway, I appreciated your cunning when you zipped down the turning lane to get ahead of me before the next traffic light. It's fantastic how well versed you are at sign language too! What I'd done to warrant a middle finger, I'll never know. Maybe your decrepit hands only allow that finger to extend when you try to wave.

I enjoyed following you through the traffic to the next intersection too, as you repaid the favour of getting the cars out of my way! Thanks for that. I was, however, surprised when we got to a bit of open road, and you lost all that haste that you were in a mere 3 minutes before. Here I was thinking, we'd both be blasting through the streets of Sandton with the traffic finally out of the way. But, I suppose 40km/h is all your tired, old and very dirty Fazer can manage. That is a pity, because with Botswana numberplates, you'd never get fined. Going as slow as you do on the open road, I suppose you'd never get fines anyway!

Again, it was great to meet you! I hope you were able to see the language I signed to you too, as I left you in my dust. Just in case you didn't, I shouted C U Next Tuesday!

Have a great Thursday doos! I'm sure I'll pass you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.