Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2016.  (Read 76194 times)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
Re: MotoGP 2016.
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2015, 05:33:15 pm »
He is a very skilled rider and will go far with a bit of luck and sponsorship.   I have no doubt about that.

Darryn is very good as well but a tad wild.   I think of them as Brad (JL99) and Darryn (Simoncelli).   

Hoping to see one,  or both in MotoGP within the next few years.   
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 08:52:47 am »
During a two day testing spree for the Moto3 crowd at Valencia, Brad Binder was consistently the fastest rider and his average time over a total of 94 laps was fastest of any rider.  Lekker Brad! 
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline evansv

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 06:57:09 pm »
Very cool :thumleft: Go Brad!
DT 125, GSX 750 ES, XJ 900, KX 125, YZ 250, WR 200, RMX 250 (280 kit), FZ-6, 2006, DT 125 LC (rear ended by Fortuner - written off), DT200R (current), KTM 625 SXC (sold), KTM 690 Enduro R (current)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 06:57:19 pm »

What you think are the odds of him moving up to Moto2 in 2017?

Interesting,  Mr. Ajo the owner of the Red Bull Moto 3 Team as well as the Ajo Racing Moto 2 team with which Zarco won the Moto 2 championship had Brad ride Zarco's Moto2 bike for a complete session during testing at Valencia today.

Brad loved the time on what he described as a "beast".
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 08:59:22 pm »
Glad he is getting noticed by the right people!

My hart pomp custard!
Maak soos Dr Phil sê: "Hou op om 'n do0s te wees..."

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2015, 12:21:25 pm »
#41 Brad Binder and brother #40 Darryn Binder.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 12:21:53 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Sithe

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • gewig versplasing
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2015, 02:43:03 pm »
Stacey Stoner is back with Ducati as the test rider and ambassador. He might also do a few wild card rides during the year:

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/225374/1/official-casey-stoner-returns-to-ducati.html

I can't wait for next year: Stoner, Rossi, Marquez, Jorge and Pedrosa

Oh shit I am so excited I think I just wet my pants  :ricky:
I operate at a level supreme to the devil

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2015, 05:56:50 pm »
Stoner may well enter a race or two as wildcard,  but I doubt that he will be serious competition for the regular riders.   Carlos Checa and Troy Bayliss only manage good average results in WSBK this year.   It would be great to see though as competition should be closer.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Sithe

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • gewig versplasing
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2015, 06:32:10 pm »
I didn't see Checa this year. Biaggi did very well getting on the podium.

If Stoner does Philip Island he will go very well. He basically owns that track, no one even came close to him there.

Ducati goes very well at Mugelo, maybe because its their home track and they do millionn of laps testing there. So Stoner could go there and do something special.
I operate at a level supreme to the devil

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2015, 12:27:49 pm »
I didn't see Checa this year. Biaggi did very well getting on the podium.

If Stoner does Philip Island he will go very well. He basically owns that track, no one even came close to him there.

Ducati goes very well at Mugelo, maybe because its their home track and they do millionn of laps testing there. So Stoner could go there and do something special.

Apologies.  I meant Biaggi, not Checa.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Ventana

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • De Colores!!
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2015, 04:57:41 pm »
Keen to see how Nicky Hayden does now that he moved on to WSBK........
Rom 1:16

Offline Karel Kat

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • 'Burn Babilaan an de wicked'
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2015, 05:54:25 am »
Interesting times ahead with the new software. From Motomatters:

With the electronics now more crude, engines are becoming more difficult to control. This, in turn, is benefiting Ducati, the Desmosedici having a more user-friendly nature, despite its massive horsepower. This had meant Ducati had fewer problems with the electronics, as Andrea Dovizioso explained. "We didn't have any big problem, but it's different from what we use before," the Italian said. "You have to ride very smoothly, especially in the middle of the corner when you have the maximum angle. There is less control than what we used before." This again should also benefit the Yamaha, once they take to the track.

It certainly didn't help Honda. The aggressive nature of the RC213V and HRC's lack of experience with the unified software saw Marc Márquez thrown violently from his bike early on Friday. "The highside was really strange," Márquez said. "Really strange, because it was not a corner that you open the gas more, you just keep the gas steady and in one point I lose the rear really quickly. This never happened to me in MotoGP, I never had this experience, but now I was more careful in this corner." The place where Márquez crashed was fast, Turn 3 or Doohan corner. "I went in with some gas. I was consistent with the gas, but in one moment I lose the rear wheel in a really aggressive way, and then I fly! Maybe we have to understand better these new electronics," he said.

That crash happened with Honda's new engine, which was an improvement, but was still aggressive and powerful. After three days of testing, both Dani Pedrosa and Marc Márquez felt the new engine had more potential, but it was still not completely where it needed to be. They were both uncertain whether Honda had enough time to build a new engine ready for the Sepang test in early February, but there were still some avenues open for exploration. "We must work on the mechanical side to try to avoid some problems, because by electronics, some problems we have will be difficult," Márquez said. "Honda must work on the mechanical side, to try to be smoother, to try to gain on the acceleration."

More at https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/11/28/jerez_motogp_test_round_up_redding_revea.html
Proudly colonialist dog walker and brannewyn libtard

Offline evansv

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2015, 06:04:03 am »
Interesting!

Thanks KK for sharing :thumleft:
DT 125, GSX 750 ES, XJ 900, KX 125, YZ 250, WR 200, RMX 250 (280 kit), FZ-6, 2006, DT 125 LC (rear ended by Fortuner - written off), DT200R (current), KTM 625 SXC (sold), KTM 690 Enduro R (current)

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2015, 07:04:56 am »
The "crude" new one-size-fits-all ECU is a big step backwards, and unlike tyres, bore/stroke rules, etc, and just another step in the new way of doing things, where there
should be no losers, only winners.
And those that complain that GP's without these nanny rules would just be a 2 horse affair would do well to look at the modern history of GP racing, and notice that it has always just been a 2 horse race any way. Yamaha and Honda, with frighteningly occasionally a Pepsi Suzuki, or a Bike Hospital Ducati.
If you enjoy one-brand racing, watch the 600 class clones, good racing there, but what bike do you root for there?
For me, part of the package is the manufacturer, this is MotoGP, not BMW Boxer cup.

Offline Karel Kat

• Race Dog
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2015, 08:47:30 am »
The "crude" new one-size-fits-all ECU is a big step backwards, and unlike tyres, bore/stroke rules, etc, and just another step in the new way of doing things, where there
should be no losers, only winners.
And those that complain that GP's without these nanny rules would just be a 2 horse affair would do well to look at the modern history of GP racing, and notice that it has always just been a 2 horse race any way. Yamaha and Honda, with frighteningly occasionally a Pepsi Suzuki, or a Bike Hospital Ducati.
If you enjoy one-brand racing, watch the 600 class clones, good racing there, but what bike do you root for there?
For me, part of the package is the manufacturer, this is MotoGP, not BMW Boxer cup.

Ja, Dan, I agree with you to some extent. Of course part of the package is the manufacturer which is why I don't really watch MotoGP2. As a Yamaha and Kawa fan I have even bought Delmas Chicken and smoked Marlboro's to root for the brands.

The problem remains that racing at the very top level has become a very expensive affair with nobody else having the resources of Honda and Yamaha. There is really no place for a privateer anymore (unlike the heyday of the 2-strokes when the only higher maths you needed was to work out the length of sound waves in the expansion box and tinker with it until it fucked off) Even satellite teams have since become also-rans. While electronics is already becoming part of everyday biking (ja, ja racing breeds the product), smaller teams simply can't compete when the electronic package is the biggest part of the overall costs. Someone pointed out in one of the threads that the Honda electronics cost more than the bike itself.

In this respect I am all for leveling the playing field. The top factory teams will always attract the top riders because of big time salaries, but everybody else should have a sporting chance within the boundaries of financial restraints.

Remember when BMW ruled the roost in premier class racing before WWII until the FIM banned supercharging?

Offline Karel Kat

• Race Dog
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2015, 08:50:15 am »
Another thought: If electronics could have made the TZ750 rideable to everyone, would that have been right?

Offline Bensien

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2015, 07:56:59 am »
Looks like Rossi's contract with Yamaha will end next year. He is currently in talks with Suzuki
Why do things that only happen to stupid people always happen to me?

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2015, 09:16:56 pm »
Looks like Rossi's contract with Yamaha will end next year. He is currently in talks with Suzuki

His contract was to end of 2016 season.   I doubt he will go to Suzuki,  or even continue in MotoGP. Getting a tad long in the tooth.   My guess is really cars.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Bensien

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2015, 09:21:34 pm »

His contract was to end of 2016 season.   I doubt he will go to Suzuki,  or even continue in MotoGP. Getting a tad long in the tooth.   My guess is really cars.

http://news.superscommesse.it/motori/motogp/2015/12/motogp-rossi-suzuki-probabile-mossa-per-il-2017-119899/
Why do things that only happen to stupid people always happen to me?

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2015, 09:44:22 pm »

His contract was to end of 2016 season.   I doubt he will go to Suzuki,  or even continue in MotoGP. Getting a tad long in the tooth.   My guess is really cars.

http://news.superscommesse.it/motori/motogp/2015/12/motogp-rossi-suzuki-probabile-mossa-per-il-2017-119899/

Not saying it is not being written about.   Just saying I doubt it.  Just this past weekend Rossi apparently indicated that he would like to move to rally.   Of course,  not dates were mentioned. Suzuki will do great to get him for a year or so as he is extremely good at development.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:46:18 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!