Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2016.  (Read 78076 times)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
Re: MotoGP 2016.
« Reply #200 on: April 05, 2016, 11:37:40 am »
Ianone ... what an amateur move ... rumour that Ducati are talking to Lorenzo maybe causing him to panic

Nothing wrong with the move.  If he made it stick he would have been hailed a hero.  There was a nice, fat gap.  This move was no different to many others we regularly see in MotoGP.

I can't quite agree.
It is up to the second rider to make a safe pass, which he didn't.
Secondly, it is bad judgement to make a marginal move on your podium placed teammate at any time, nevermind on te last corner of the last lap.

Well, if we all agreed it would be rather boring.   :thumleft:

If you go and watch some YouTube videos from the "Best MotoGP Overtakes" group you would see many similar passes.  In this case his tires let go and it ended in tears.   If they stuck, he'd  be hailed a hero.  Dovi should not have left a gap at such a critical time in the race.  It could have been Rossi (In fact, Dovi said he thought it was Rossi till he saw Ianone) behind him and then such a gap would have been an open invitation.  In modern day racing, there are no such thing as "team mates". 

#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2016, 07:24:45 am »
Ianone ... what an amateur move ... rumour that Ducati are talking to Lorenzo maybe causing him to panic

Nothing wrong with the move.  If he made it stick he would have been hailed a hero.  There was a nice, fat gap.  This move was no different to many others we regularly see in MotoGP.

I can't quite agree.
Secondly, it is bad judgement to make a marginal move on your podium placed teammate at any time, nevermind on te last corner of the last lap.

If you go and watch some YouTube videos from the "Best MotoGP Overtakes" group you would see many similar passes.  In this case his tires let go and it ended in tears.   If they stuck, he'd  be hailed a hero.  Dovi should not have left a gap at such a critical time in the race.  It could have been Rossi (In fact, Dovi said he thought it was Rossi till he saw Ianone) behind him and then such a gap would have been an open invitation.  In modern day racing, there are no such thing as "team mates". 

Perhaps the Ducati's front wheel bearings seized?

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2016, 05:00:16 pm »

I can't quite agree.

Perhaps the Ducati's front wheel bearings seized?

Perhaps.

What I do know is that if we send these MotoGP stars to race in Moto 3 they would all be dead in two laps.

If they applied the same rules to Moto 3, 99,9999% of the riders would start at the back of the grid every 2nd race!   :imaposer:
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2016, 05:08:27 pm »
Winglets.  We know they have already been banned from Moto 2 and will be from next year on Moto 3.  Now, Ducati's upper winglets will be reviewed after safety concerns from Argentina race. This pic of Andrea "The Victim" Dovisiozo's wing hitting the back on Marquez will be analysed by the MotoGP safety commission run by Loris Capirossi

#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #204 on: April 06, 2016, 06:21:49 pm »
Lorenzo to Ducati in 2017?

I think so.

You?
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline I&horse

• You look like a
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • was Andy 950
« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2016, 06:00:09 pm »
First time I noticed the gear shifting is upside down compared to regular bikes. Anyone know why this is? Is it the same for moto 2 and 3?
Silence is golden...... Duct tape is silver

Everything works with smoke, if the smoke escapes, it stops working.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #206 on: April 09, 2016, 07:11:14 pm »
First time I noticed the gear shifting is upside down compared to regular bikes. Anyone know why this is? Is it the same for moto 2 and 3?

Leaning over to the left, it is difficult getting the tip of your boot under the lever for up-changes out of corners. So you just stomp on it.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #207 on: April 09, 2016, 07:23:45 pm »

It is the same for the vast majority of racing bikes across all classes, including superbikes, supersport, etc.  Like Dan said, can't get toe under gear lever to change when fully cranked over in a corner.

A newish innovation is a left hand thumb controlled rear brake.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Suzukli DL

« Reply #208 on: April 09, 2016, 07:25:49 pm »
as 2strokedan said. I have actually always had my road bikes done like this after many track days. Trust me it works up in ET.

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #209 on: April 10, 2016, 09:13:41 pm »
The Doctor is out... schoolboy mistake... I can go to bed now. :sip:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:38:43 am by RobC »

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2016, 09:15:56 pm »
Mmmm Pedrosa makes a schoolboy mistake as well... Note to self... "stop watching Moto GP, you jinx the riders!" :imaposer:

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #211 on: April 11, 2016, 06:18:16 am »
The Doctor is out... scoolboy mistake... I can go to bed now. :sip:

The Doctor says... scHoolboy spelling mistake...

:pot:
Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #212 on: April 11, 2016, 09:44:47 am »

Not so much a schoolboy mistake.  The medium fronts clearly did not give the riders the feel they required.  When riders at this level go down with lost fronts like we saw yesterday, the tire must be the #1 suspect.  Not that it doesn't grip necessarily, but rather that it does not give the feedback the riders like.

MM93 took a huge risk to go soft front and it paid of handsomely!

#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Frankrzzgp

« Reply #213 on: April 11, 2016, 09:51:17 am »
Was a weird race to watch... Non of the normal battles that we crave to see, only allot of crashing... Must have been hard out there!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #214 on: April 11, 2016, 09:56:46 am »
Was a weird race to watch... Non of the normal battles that we crave to see, only allot of crashing... Must have been hard out there!

If we look at the list of fallers who all lost a front, I can only imagine how hard.  Riding at that level and the front tire doesn't talk to you loud and clear, must be a bloody nightmare.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #215 on: April 11, 2016, 11:39:23 am »

Not so much a schoolboy mistake.  The medium fronts clearly did not give the riders the feel they required.  When riders at this level go down with lost fronts like we saw yesterday, the tire must be the #1 suspect.  Not that it doesn't grip necessarily, but rather that it does not give the feedback the riders like.

Jip turns out tyre grip was an issue.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #216 on: April 11, 2016, 11:52:51 am »

Turns out VR46 also had a clutch issue.  The reason why he slowed down so much on the back straight.  Clutch was slipping.  He reckons it just felt like the clutch was gripping, when the tire stopped!  Bummer!  A race like yesterday's was no fun to watch and even MM said it wasn't fun riding.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline RobD

« Reply #217 on: April 11, 2016, 11:54:12 am »

Turns out VR46 also had a clutch issue.  The reason why he slowed down so much on the back straight.  Clutch was slipping.  He reckons it just felt like the clutch was gripping, when the tire stopped!  Bummer!  A race like yesterday's was no fun to watch and even MM said it wasn't fun riding.

Couldn't agree more.... :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #218 on: April 11, 2016, 11:55:39 am »
I only hear excuses
Maak soos Dr Phil sÍ: "Hou op om 'n do0s te wees..."

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #219 on: April 11, 2016, 12:00:44 pm »

It was quite F1 like in that respect... one stretched out procession of bikes at maximum speed. The run off area was amazing though... most bikes cold be picked up and ridden again... bar the Doctor... he decided to off where the barrier was closest! ;-)