Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2016.  (Read 76195 times)

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
Re: MotoGP 2016.
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2015, 08:28:04 am »
Looks like Rossi's contract with Yamaha will end next year. He is currently in talks with Suzuki

His contract was to end of 2016 season.   I doubt he will go to Suzuki,  or even continue in MotoGP. Getting a tad long in the tooth.   My guess is really cars.

http://news.superscommesse.it/motori/motogp/2015/12/motogp-rossi-suzuki-probabile-mossa-per-il-2017-119899/

Not saying it is not being written about.   Just saying I doubt it.  Just this past weekend Rossi apparently indicated that he would like to move to rally.   Of course,  not dates were mentioned. Suzuki will do great to get him for a year or so as he is extremely good at development.

Ja, just look at what he did for Ducati...

:laughing7:
Maak soos Dr Phil sę: "Hou op om 'n do0s te wees..."

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2015, 10:49:15 am »
Looks like Rossi's contract with Yamaha will end next year. He is currently in talks with Suzuki

His contract was to end of 2016 season.   I doubt he will go to Suzuki,  or even continue in MotoGP. Getting a tad long in the tooth.   My guess is really cars.

http://news.superscommesse.it/motori/motogp/2015/12/motogp-rossi-suzuki-probabile-mossa-per-il-2017-119899/

Not saying it is not being written about.   Just saying I doubt it.  Just this past weekend Rossi apparently indicated that he would like to move to rally.   Of course,  not dates were mentioned. Suzuki will do great to get him for a year or so as he is extremely good at development.
Sorry, but Rossi can't develop a cold, neither can Lorenzo for that matter. Their current bikes and gear boxes were developed by Colin Edwards, known to be the best development rider in Moto GP.
I just don't see Suzuki forking out that kind of big moola for Rossi and there certainly no obvious guys to step into the factory team, YET.
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2015, 05:45:15 pm »

His contract was to end of 2016 season.   I doubt he will go to Suzuki,  or even continue in MotoGP. Getting a tad long in the tooth.   My guess is really cars.

Not saying it is not being written about.   Just saying I doubt it.  Just this past weekend Rossi apparently indicated that he would like to move to rally.   Of course,  not dates were mentioned. Suzuki will do great to get him for a year or so as he is extremely good at development.

Ja, just look at what he did for Ducati...

:laughing7:

Let me rephrase.   He is good at development for a team who actually takes input from the riders.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2015, 05:48:45 pm »

His contract was to end of 2016 season.   I doubt he will go to Suzuki,  or even continue in MotoGP. Getting a tad long in the tooth.   My guess is really cars.

Not saying it is not being written about.   Just saying I doubt it.  Just this past weekend Rossi apparently indicated that he would like to move to rally.   Of course,  not dates were mentioned. Suzuki will do great to get him for a year or so as he is extremely good at development.
Sorry, but Rossi can't develop a cold, neither can Lorenzo for that matter. Their current bikes and gear boxes were developed by Colin Edwards, known to be the best development rider in Moto GP.
I just don't see Suzuki forking out that kind of big moola for Rossi and there certainly no obvious guys to step into the factory team, YET.

Well,  there you have me.   Colin Edwards known to be the best development rider in MotoGP?   Known by who?   Also,  to say Ross is useless at developing a bike, makes no sense as he is known to be a good developer.   Note!   Not once did I say he is the best.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline KaTooMatt

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2016, 09:58:57 am »
He is credited with being the originator of important ideas and changes that first made Yamaha competitive in the 4 stroke era when he first joined them from Honda.

Not the role of somebody who does not know how to develop a bike. Who would of thought that changing the firing sequence of an engine would make a bike more balanced and easier to handle. Not many riders would have the know how or confidence to push that kind of change through the engineering team. Rossi has been acknowledged as one of the riders with most technical knowledge and ability to convey what he wants to the engineering team for many years. Maybe Colin can too.

To be totally real Valentino and Schumacher are the only 2 racers to have had the courage to leave a winning team and go to a losing team and make it work. Schumacher took his whole team to Ferrari. Valentino did not have a Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne to take with him. He still got the Yamaha to compete a lot thought he would fail at the time. He can develop a bike.
"These are not machines for the meek. Ride it like you stole it, cane it within an inch of its life. It will require a bunch of maintenance and generally tend to be, shall we say, harsh? It was bred for racing, after all. It will devour rear tires and its lust for fuel will astound you. It will suffer indifference and carelessness very poorly. Like heroin and Asian girls, it's not for everybody, but when you absolutely, positively, GOTS to beat every m*****f****** in the race, accept no substitu

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XR125L
  • Actually its a Honda MT5
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2016, 10:14:00 am »
He is credited with being the originator of important ideas and changes that first made Yamaha competitive in the 4 stroke era when he first joined them from Honda.

Not the role of somebody who does not know how to develop a bike. Who would of thought that changing the firing sequence of an engine would make a bike more balanced and easier to handle. Not many riders would have the know how or confidence to push that kind of change through the engineering team. Rossi has been acknowledged as one of the riders with most technical knowledge and ability to convey what he wants to the engineering team for many years. Maybe Colin can too.

To be totally real Valentino and Schumacher are the only 2 racers to have had the courage to leave a winning team and go to a losing team and make it work. Schumacher took his whole team to Ferrari. Valentino did not have a Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne to take with him. He still got the Yamaha to compete a lot thought he would fail at the time. He can develop a bike.

not so, rossi took his team to Yamaha as well
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline RobD

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2016, 10:54:33 am »

And bringing in truckloads of sponsorship cash!!!

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2016, 01:58:16 pm »
Final list of concessions for 2016 MotoGP Premier Class:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 01:58:41 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline punisher

• Lolly Licker… i love to lick lollies
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • somph
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2016, 03:28:31 pm »
i too am a "good developer"
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Karel Kat

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • 'Burn Babilaan an de wicked'
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2016, 05:19:45 pm »
Oh, you pretty things

Yamaha unveiled the 2016 M1's today

Proudly colonialist dog walker and brannewyn libtard

Online Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2016, 06:54:44 pm »
Just looking at the position of the front sprocket - what's below it in terms of engine?

Anyone got a pic of one of these GP motors?
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2016, 08:19:59 pm »

This is quite a common misconception. Rossi rode the full 2003 season for Honda, then won the 1st race of the 2004 season on Yamaha. So he "developed" this bike for Yamaha over christmas 2003 so the Yamaha can be "competitive?? :eek7:
People seem to forget that 2004 and Rossi was not the first time that Yamaha has won Grand Prix's. Rossi got handed a winner from Yamaha, and I say this as a bit of a Rossi fan.

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2016, 10:51:06 am »
Ive recently cancelled DSTV.. JUST to make sure, I have 3 friends with the moto GP race days and times stapled to their fridges so at least one of them will have a spare couch available at that time
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2016, 01:21:53 pm »
The Yamaha Factory racers for 2016 all together.  See Sheridan Morias shown by the red arrow who will be racing for the Yamaha Austria Racing Team in endurance racing again.  I wonder if Rossi asked Shez for his autograph?

#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Gryshond

• Race Dog
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2016, 01:34:34 pm »

One season would help

Offline toucan

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2016, 06:33:27 pm »
Just looking at the position of the front sprocket - what's below it in terms of engine?

Anyone got a pic of one of these GP motors?

suspension perhaps? ???
i'm not a complete idiot. some parts are missing.

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2016, 08:11:18 am »
Does the gearbox cassette not slot in under there?
Maak soos Dr Phil sę: "Hou op om 'n do0s te wees..."

Offline Karel Kat

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • 'Burn Babilaan an de wicked'
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2016, 08:29:42 am »
The Yamaha Factory racers for 2016 all together.  See Sheridan Morias shown by the red arrow who will be racing for the Yamaha Austria Racing Team in endurance racing again.  I wonder if Rossi asked Shez for his autograph?

See that skelm Rossi taking centre stage on the pic while the reigning world champion gets sidelined to the left. Interesting times ahead.
Proudly colonialist dog walker and brannewyn libtard

Offline punisher

• Lolly Licker… i love to lick lollies
  • Grey hound
  • somph
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2016, 09:37:58 am »

See that skelm Rossi taking centre stage on the pic while the reigning world champion gets sidelined to the left. Interesting times ahead.

actually  "the world champ" is standing right next to the BOSS , whilst the "skelm" is respectfully "one oke away "
 :pot:
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Battlestar

• IF IM NOT HERE IM ON MY BIKE
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250L
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2016, 09:19:34 am »
After years of talking about it I think this year I'm going to pull the trigger and go watch the opening round at Losail Qatar. You only pass this way once
Pass this way once!