Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2016.  (Read 79850 times)

Offline Gryshond

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: MotoGP 2016.
« Reply #580 on: September 05, 2016, 02:28:12 pm »
Marques can do no right. If he hangs back and concentrates on the championship he is scared and if he goes for it he and gets it wrong he should be penalized. Maybe Lorenzo has it right, don't take any chances and don't mess with Rossi else you will be branded as wild and there will be calls for penalties to be brought in.

Maverick Viñales must make the most of this season. If he dares compete with Rossi next year he will feel the wrath of Rossi and his fans the way Marques does all the time.
No he can't, he is and will always be another grumpy Spanish wanker.

Talk about grumpy and you are not even Spanish

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #581 on: September 05, 2016, 02:29:27 pm »
I cant believe how that evil Cal Crutchlow "interfered with two riders who are actually fighting for the world championship!!!"

::) ::) ::)

Ha ha ha!
And yet MM took himself off track both times and almost took himself out against Miller's rear wheel on the first start.
Live like someone left the gate open.

Offline OFFROAD FANATICS

« Reply #582 on: September 05, 2016, 02:30:56 pm »
I cant believe how that evil Cal Crutchlow "interfered with two riders who are actually fighting for the world championship!!!"

Excactly,......I don`t know why the peeps can`t leave poor old marques alone....He is an excellent racer!
KEEP THE MOMENTUM - 2017 KTM 350 XCF
KAKAF TOT MôRE - 2017 KTM 300 XCW
KAN TRUMP MOTORCYCLES  - 2014 KTM 1190 R
KEEN TO MOVE - 2013 KTM RC8R - THE ORIGINAL DNA

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #583 on: September 05, 2016, 02:32:04 pm »
That feeling when you hear our anthem at the Motogp :biggrin:

.... goes away quickly when the minister of sport doesn't even know who Brad Binder is
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Gryshond

• Race Dog
« Reply #584 on: September 05, 2016, 02:42:44 pm »

I am waiting for the Rossi conspiracy interview where Viñales won the race to help MM win the championship. Then Donovan will post pictures of MM and Viñales heads on gay models bodies and call Viñales MM's toy boy. Crutchlow will be dragged in as that qualifying lap in the rain must have been part of the conspiracy. Rossi can then deliberately run Viñales off the road because he is influencing a championship he has not part in and Rossi fans will insist he brought it on himself because he is young, Spanish, fast, and not Rossi.

Fans will blame race direction for not giving MM a 2 race ban for running off track

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #585 on: September 05, 2016, 02:48:40 pm »

I am waiting for the Rossi conspiracy interview where Viñales won the race to help MM win the championship. Then Donovan will post pictures of MM and Viñales heads on gay models bodies and call Viñales MM's toy boy. Crutchlow will be dragged in as that qualifying lap in the rain must have been part of the conspiracy. Rossi can then deliberately run Viñales off the road because he is influencing a championship he has not part in and Rossi fans will insist he brought it on himself because he is young, Spanish, fast, and not Rossi.

Fans will blame race direction for not giving MM a 2 race ban for running off track

:imaposer:
Maak soos Dr Phil sê: "Hou op om 'n do0s te wees..."

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
« Reply #586 on: September 05, 2016, 02:53:42 pm »

Ag ok I will take the bait...

When I referred to penalties for going off track, I was not referring to official penalties from the Org but rather to the penalties associated with running into a gravel trap or a wall, as opposed to getting away with running off on big paved run off areas.

My point being that I believe MM would moderate his riding if he had more risk of losing time in a gravel trap if/when he runs off.

Also, I'm just using MM as an example as he is the most recent repeat "offender". This is something that needs to be looked at, much in the same way as the Org addressed the riding out side the white line.

But yes, for now the playing field is the same for all. Some choose to take more risks, that is how motorsport works.

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #587 on: September 05, 2016, 03:00:05 pm »
Don't forget that Lorenzo is also riding kak on purpose, to make sure that Marquez (an evil Spaniard) wins the title.

In turn, he is taking away points from Yamaha, just to make sure that Rossi can't even celebrate a manufacturer's title.

The plot sickens

Goddamn sneaky Spaniards!!!!

:bluduh:

Offline punisher

• Lolly Licker… i love to lick lollies
  • Grey hound
  • somph
« Reply #588 on: September 05, 2016, 03:14:58 pm »
fantastic racing all round
lots of risks taken though , makes it exciting

pity that lil spanish wanker MM didnt fall off at the start after riding into redding tho  :peepwall:
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Gryshond

• Race Dog
« Reply #589 on: September 05, 2016, 03:16:13 pm »

When I referred to penalties for going off track, I was not referring to official penalties from the Org but rather to the penalties associated with running into a gravel trap or a wall, as opposed to getting away with running off on big paved run off areas.

My point being that I believe MM would moderate his riding if he had more risk of losing time in a gravel trap if/when he runs off.

Also, I'm just using MM as an example as he is the most recent repeat "offender". This is something that needs to be looked at, much in the same way as the Org addressed the riding out side the white line.

But yes, for now the playing field is the same for all. Some choose to take more risks, that is how motorsport works.

Not sure I agree, race direction will instruct a rider to fall back as many positions as he may have gained or not lost due to running off.
I understand that Rossi fans would prefer Marques runs into a wall instead of just losing a few positions, but I am sure the powers that be would prefer that riders who do get it wrong can survive. Even if the rider is hated as much as Rossi has convinced his gullible fans to hate MM.

Offline cocky

• Ryyyyyy net ASFB.
  • Race Dog
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #590 on: September 05, 2016, 03:17:23 pm »
Don't forget that Lorenzo is also riding kak on purpose, to make sure that Marquez (an evil Spaniard) wins the title.

In turn, he is taking away points from Yamaha, just to make sure that Rossi can't even celebrate a manufacturer's title.

The plot sickens

Goddamn sneaky Spaniards!!!!

:bluduh:
Why do just not admit that you KNOW VR46 is a better rider and he keeps people watching motot GP, your continued hatred of the undisputed king of motorcycle racing is in itself an extreme case of praise. But being a fridge magnet yourself, you will side with the midget Spaniard and his Conquistador grumpy friend Lorenzo.
No matter what these quite superb riders do, you and your merry band of wankers will always see fit to criticize the undisputed king of racing.
Simple fact is he is struggling on the only MotoGP he has ever ridden and unlike the KING VR46 who won on a Honda and a Yamaha he does not know how to adapt his riding style, like Rossi did for 2016 VS 2015.

Haters will be haters ..... and Greyshond will continue to code in sequal

:peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall: :pot: :pot:  
Just because your past did not turn out like you wanted it to does not mean your marriage will not be better than you ever imagined it could be.
Die Kaapse Hoender!

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #591 on: September 05, 2016, 03:26:06 pm »

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
« Reply #592 on: September 05, 2016, 03:27:09 pm »

Not sure I agree, race direction will instruct a rider to fall back as many positions as he may have gained or not lost due to running off.
I understand that Rossi fans would prefer Marques runs into a wall instead of just losing a few positions, but I am sure the powers that be would prefer that riders who do get it wrong can survive. Even if the rider is hated as much as Rossi has convinced his gullible fans to hate MM.

Gravel traps are safe deterrents for bikes. Paved run off areas are for the F1 cars.
My point has nothing to do with Rossi vs MM.
If a rider ran the risk of losing more than a single position when he runs off, such a rider would run off less.

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #593 on: September 05, 2016, 03:29:37 pm »

Gravel traps are safe deterrents for bikes. Paved run off areas are for the F1 cars.
If a rider ran the risk of losing more than a single position when he runs off, such a rider would run off less.

Good point
It is a difficult one to call and police/enforce, for sure.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #594 on: September 05, 2016, 03:34:20 pm »
The final kak move by little Marques was when he passed Crutchlow, and then headed straight into the overrun.
By any standard, a stupid move, and it could have taken CC out, in which case Rossi fans would look like little lambs compared to the Brits going after MM. :imaposer:

Rossi rode[again] like the 9 times world champ he is. Marques is brilliant but for that red fog problem.

Offline Gryshond

• Race Dog
« Reply #595 on: September 05, 2016, 03:40:40 pm »

I am sure Wayne Rainey will disagree.

The gravel traps were created to drag out-of-control cars to a stop. They worked sometimes, but often cars would just skip across them to the wall. Also, vintage race cars and racing motorcycles HATE gravel traps, because they can cause an off-course vehicle to roll or flip. Gravel traps also make a mess of the track if an off-course vehicle is able to regain the track, as they then scatter chunky gravel on the racing surface.

In terms of safety, high-grip asphalt is actually much safer in slowing down an out-of-control, damaged, etc. vehicle that goes off course. That's the main reason that paved runoff areas are replacing gravel traps.

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
« Reply #596 on: September 05, 2016, 03:45:45 pm »

The gravel traps were created to drag out-of-control cars to a stop. They worked sometimes, but often cars would just skip across them to the wall. Also, vintage race cars and racing motorcycles HATE gravel traps, because they can cause an off-course vehicle to roll or flip. Gravel traps also make a mess of the track if an off-course vehicle is able to regain the track, as they then scatter chunky gravel on the racing surface.

In terms of safety, high-grip asphalt is actually much safer in slowing down an out-of-control, damaged, etc. vehicle that goes off course. That's the main reason that paved runoff areas are replacing gravel traps.

Ok asphalt is safer and the modern way anyway. Your points above are very valid. No problem.
Maybe my solution for keeping riders on track is not correct. Still, I would like it if riders ride more controlled and run off less.
It is very entertaining and phenomenally impressive seeing a rider spanking the crap out of a 250HP motorbike. But if he is going to run off every now and then, then you might as well watch dragbikes with much more HP and a lot of asphalt run off.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 03:46:32 pm by bud500 »

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #597 on: September 05, 2016, 03:58:16 pm »
MM's first short-cut yesterday should be penalized, as it is a way to cool your tyres just that fraction, and resume the race where you left off.

He is a cheat. :pot: :pot:

Offline RobD

« Reply #598 on: September 05, 2016, 03:59:31 pm »

Ok asphalt is safer and the modern way anyway. Your points above are very valid. No problem.
Maybe my solution for keeping riders on track is not correct. Still, I would like it if riders ride more controlled and run off less.
It is very entertaining and phenomenally impressive seeing a rider spanking the crap out of a 250HP motorbike. But if he is going to run off every now and then, then you might as well watch dragbikes with much more HP and a lot of asphalt run off.

I respectfully say that if you have ever raced on a circuit you would understand how easily this could happen. I raced regional superbikes and I can assure you there is a very fine line between going as quickly as you can and overcooking it.... I am still amazed that at the level these guys ride at that they can pass at all..If I had a rider who was a second off my pace the pass would have to be well thought as you do not just pass at will AND these guys are generally within tenths of each other. These dudes are Supermen of some note!

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
« Reply #599 on: September 05, 2016, 04:06:05 pm »
I completely agree these guys are all aliens.
For my viewing pleasure I would prefer if they finish with the "bin it or win it" riding in their Moto3 years.

Yes they get paid to ride on the limit, but yesterday it just felt like reckless riding with little regard for running off.

Anyway, just a philosophical chat about the sport.