Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: MotoGP 2016.  (Read 79409 times)

Offline Gryshond

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: MotoGP 2016.
« Reply #640 on: September 14, 2016, 09:48:35 am »
Rossi fans are not Rossi fans because he moans more or less than anyone else, they are fans because he is the best. You can argue, but not with NINE world championships.

I agree wholeheartedly that he is an incredibly talented rider who for most of his career was head and shoulders above the competition.

a legend,  and nice guy,  who is putting back into the sport he loves.
watch his 'the doctor' series on youtube.

Surely you can not base your conclusion on a one sided self promotional series on youtube. Throughout his career there has been controversy and conflict with other riders. Nothing wrong with it, these are modern day gladiators in a very competitive sport where they risk injury and death every time they compete.

Also nothing wrong with being a fan of the man, I was one for many years. I however did not lose all perspective. Rossi is a human being with flaws and the complexities that most humans have. Of course he can be a good guy and an arsehole. To such an extent that he can actually lose a championship by being an arsehole.

That was my point, all the riders including Lorenzo, Rossi and Marques have their flaws. Rossi should not have been an arsehole in a press conference, Marques should not have gotten angry and been an arsehole on track. Lorenzo should not have been an arsehole in a press conference and lets hope Rossi does not get angry be an arsehole on track again as we have seen him be.

Take your blinkers off and accept that criticism can be leveled at a sometimes "nice guy" as well

Offline Gryshond

• Race Dog
« Reply #641 on: September 14, 2016, 09:51:07 am »
:lol8: I love listening to Crutchlow.
He doesn't often get an opportunity to speak to international press, but when he does he is always entertaining. But, if I was a fellow rider I would have had a word with him later...

I think it's tongue in cheek, the others know this which is why you don't see any reaction from them.

Offline Dwerg

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Triumph 900 Scrambler
  • No vestige of a beginning, no prospect of an end
« Reply #642 on: September 14, 2016, 10:07:48 am »
He doesn't often get an opportunity to speak to international press, but when he does he is always entertaining. But, if I was a fellow rider I would have had a word with him later...

I think it's tongue in cheek, the others know this which is why you don't see any reaction from them.

I also thought so and had a good laugh when he said it. He looks like a good guy and someone you could have a beer with
Previous: KTM 690R, 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Ganjora

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Drug War Veteran
« Reply #643 on: September 14, 2016, 10:14:21 am »

Surely you can not base your conclusion on a one sided self promotional series on youtube.

Also nothing wrong with being a fan of the man, I was one for many years. I however did not lose all perspective.

Take your blinkers off and accept that criticism can be leveled at a sometimes "nice guy" as well

you are right.   i have also watched his entire career.

i will try to regain some of the perspective i have lost.

thanks for the tip - will come in handy through the course of my life. :thumleft:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #644 on: September 14, 2016, 10:23:26 am »
The personalities of these top guys, and their human weaknesses, is why I am not a fanboy. It would anyway be silly for an old toppie to look at
a youngster like these in adolation.
Just admire them for what they are.

Offline bud500

• RIP dear friend
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #645 on: September 14, 2016, 11:26:44 am »

I also thought so and had a good laugh when he said it. He looks like a good guy and someone you could have a beer with

Agreed. That was sort of my point. I would have given him shit later, over a beer. And hopefully get him back sometime. I like that sort of banter, as opposed to some of the hot blooded Mediterranean riders and their fans who get their panties in a twist.
Live like someone left the gate open.

Offline JonW

• Hilton Hound
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Boss Hoss (all models)
« Reply #646 on: September 14, 2016, 12:13:52 pm »
I thought Cal Crutchlow was a breath of fresh air compared to hearing what someone like Lorenzo usually has to say after the race
How can I be lost if I've got nowhere to go?

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #647 on: September 14, 2016, 12:39:14 pm »
I thought Cal Crutchlow was a breath of fresh air compared to hearing what someone like Lorenzo usually has to say after the race

+1
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #648 on: September 14, 2016, 12:40:56 pm »
At least we know his wifes name is Lucy, cause we hear it every time :deal: :lol8:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XR125L
  • Actually its a Honda MT5
« Reply #649 on: September 14, 2016, 12:43:19 pm »
Rossi fans are not Rossi fans because he moans more or less than anyone else, they are fans because he is the best. You can argue, but not with NINE world championships.

I agree wholeheartedly that he is an incredibly talented rider who for most of his career was head and shoulders above the competition.

a legend,  and nice guy,  who is putting back into the sport he loves.
watch his 'the doctor' series on youtube.

Surely you can not base your conclusion on a one sided self promotional series on youtube. Throughout his career there has been controversy and conflict with other riders. Nothing wrong with it, these are modern day gladiators in a very competitive sport where they risk injury and death every time they compete.

Also nothing wrong with being a fan of the man, I was one for many years. I however did not lose all perspective. Rossi is a human being with flaws and the complexities that most humans have. Of course he can be a good guy and an arsehole. To such an extent that he can actually lose a championship by being an arsehole.

That was my point, all the riders including Lorenzo, Rossi and Marques have their flaws. Rossi should not have been an arsehole in a press conference, Marques should not have gotten angry and been an arsehole on track. Lorenzo should not have been an arsehole in a press conference and lets hope Rossi does not get angry be an arsehole on track again as we have seen him be.

Rossi is a legend , a god if you will....anyone who says different is going to hell....
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline Gryshond

• Race Dog
« Reply #650 on: September 14, 2016, 01:30:23 pm »
Rossi is a legend , a god if you will....anyone who says different is going to hell....
:angryfire:  :lol8:

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #651 on: September 14, 2016, 03:46:12 pm »

+1000!   :thumleft:  :imaposer:

And not straight either!  It will be seriously off-road route on a 2000+cc Cruiser as well! 
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Online Warren Ellwood

« Reply #652 on: September 14, 2016, 04:24:35 pm »
Here is an interesting read that fits with the last few comments on this thread. I think the author has summed it up pretty nicely.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2016/Aug/160818breakingdownvr.htm

"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline tok-tokkie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha TW200
  • Green Point
« Reply #653 on: September 19, 2016, 10:12:06 am »
Here is an extremely interesting article about the effects of the aerodynamic 'aids' that the bikes now have & why Pedrosa usually runs without them & why the Ducatis qualify so fast but fade during the race.
http://www.sportrider.com/motogp-nakamoto-reveals-hidden-downside-winglets

Offline RobD

« Reply #654 on: September 19, 2016, 10:22:27 am »
Here is an extremely interesting article about the effects of the aerodynamic 'aids' that the bikes now have & why Pedrosa usually runs without them & why the Ducatis qualify so fast but fade during the race.

Thanks!  :thumleft: Intersting read indeed.....
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 10:26:59 am by RobD »

Offline JonW

• Hilton Hound
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
« Reply #655 on: September 19, 2016, 10:47:19 am »

Thanks!  :thumleft: Intersting read indeed.....

Very

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Hang time
« Reply #656 on: September 19, 2016, 10:48:52 am »

Makes perfect sense to me; I am glad they are banning these winglets.
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline Tony the Boney

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • Threw away the key and locked the door
« Reply #657 on: September 19, 2016, 10:55:05 am »

Makes perfect sense to me; I am glad they are banning these winglets.

+1
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Offline Frankrzzgp

« Reply #658 on: September 22, 2016, 05:20:34 pm »
:imaposer:

Offline JonW

• Hilton Hound
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
« Reply #659 on: September 23, 2016, 09:41:59 am »
All the legends: