Smitskoppe – a story of rocks and sprockets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prototype

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR400
The ride itself was short. The build up to it was a long affair of sorting logistics between four countries and six brothers bound by ropes and sprockets. It all began when I decided to move to Namibia (https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=177214.0) and getting married in the process. This was basically a bachelor’s. But it was held after I legally got married. Who wants to be conventional anyways?

My two (blood) brothers work offshore on the rigs, one in Angola and the other all over the show but he happened to be in Congo at the time, I think. The third brother also works on the rigs with one of my other brothers and was also in Congo, I think. It can get difficult keeping track of these guys…

A brother of my brother from way back when was in Nam at the time we planned to gather and said he wants to join on our misadventures. Lekker! Another brother of my other brother from CT has never been up the majestic Spitzkoppe, or as it has been dubbed, Smitskoppe. So he also wanted to tag along for the craziness that is the brotherhood bachelor’s.

Let me make some introductions to ease the confusion between all the brothers from all the different mothers.

Attachments

• Sarel, aka Brutus. Smit #2.JPG
    Sarel, aka Brutus. Smit #2.JPG
    264.2 KB · Views: 653
  • The reason we were all gathered on that crazy hump of rock. Smit #3.JPG
    The reason we were all gathered on that crazy hump of rock. Smit #3.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 633
  • Willem – pirate and functioning alcoholic brother.JPG
    Willem – pirate and functioning alcoholic brother.JPG
    278.7 KB · Views: 646
  • Wortie with his legendary war cries as he was battling up the mountain, brother of my ouboet s...JPG
    Wortie with his legendary war cries as he was battling up the mountain, brother of my ouboet s...JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 637
  • And Tris, you want me to climb up there..! fellow CT brother.JPG
    And Tris, you want me to climb up there..! fellow CT brother.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 637
  • Albert the rockstar ouboet. Smit #1.JPG
    Albert the rockstar ouboet. Smit #1.JPG
    211 KB · Views: 639