Oasis Spitbraai Nov 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitedelight

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Ok so no one else seems to want to start one,I will.

Jupiter and I left Melkbos just after 7.00am,my aim was to get to Oasis doing as little black stuff as possible. We filled up and hit the R27 for a few Kim's to take the Grootte Post road that would take us to just outside of  Darling. There was a little nip in the air,feeling more like August than the middle of November.
We also encountered a few dark clouds,but they disappeared as we moved inland and a little north. We arrived at Darling but we were too early for our planned hosts for breakfast. I suggested getting a bite in Morreesburg.the first stretch of gravel from the coast to Darling was in great condition.

From Darling we hit the gravel all the way to Morreesburg,where we had our first stop and brekkie. Food was not too bad but soft sunny side up did not compute all the way to the kitchen. Eggs looked like flying saucers.
From there we hit the N7 for a few Kim's,me leaving Morreesburg like a meerkat,I had a moerse cramp in my left hip. After a few minutes we take a right(Misverstand/Die Brug) turnoff. It is a short stretch but a lekker little road that saves you doing tar,and brings you out just shy of Piketberg.
This would be the longest stretch of tar we would do,it is about 50km.
I know there is a gravel road that runs just below the tar road but never knew how to get onto it. I now know and it will be done next time I go that way.
I stopped near the top to stretch our legs and to check out the gravel road below. As we were sitting there this bike comes past us. I tell Jup that is Andy. Andy does a uturn and we have a little chat.
We descend into Citrusdal and fill up. We exit town and head on Gravel towards Clanwilliam. Along the way Andy has stopped ,he and his daughter Amber are having a snack.
We stop once again and a few minutes head on,taking the right to go towards Algeria. Roads once again all in pretty good nick.
Go passed Algeria and start climbing Uitkyk Pass. At the top we find Katvis chilling,he says he is waiting for Weskus. We have a smoke and carry on.
I must say the next stretch was the most slippery of all the times I have ridden it. Not hectic but the front end did not always go where you wanted it to go.
We arrived at Oasis pretty early,which was the intention as it was all about the kuier. I was really looking forward to seeing quite a few guys I had not seen in a while.
The afternoon became a session of chatting and listening to good jokes and stories.
The whole afternoon you would hear bikes pouring in from both directions. Most of the bikes were either KTM's or BMW's,with two nice AT',one belonging to my riding partner and the other to Pietcoke. There was even a a box of bolts owned by Fender.
And so the evening came and went,lots of great food,even more drinks and whole heap of good people. The food prepared by Gerrit and Chantal was top notch,and no one was left hungry,ok maybe one but he decided to play barman(doos).
Not sure what time the party carried on till,but I was out of there by 11.00pm.

The next morning there were a couple of folk looking rather tender,the two standing out to me was Kamanye and Cocky.
We ate breakfast ,chilled and chatted then decided to leave. Jup was heading back to George but was meeting his missus and family in Goudini. We rode out together via Op DieBerg and on to Ceres.

We filled up and bumped into Squeekyboots and his missus,they had been elsewhere for the weekend. I took Jup down the Slanghoek Road towards Rawsonville,and stopped for lunch at the Dam Fine Cafe.
At this point we said our farewells and parted ways,me back to Melkbos over Du Toits and Jupiter towards Robertson.

We had a lekker trip and was good to kuier with a lot of the Oumanne again. Thanks to all. I did not take many pics,but I know others did so hopefully the will add their stories and photos. I know Fuzzy and Gwild got some cool pics.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 660
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 657
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 659
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg